Thursday, April 22, 2010

need vs. want... this is definitely a NEED

Imagined conversation:
"Dude, I love your new mp3 player! Where'd you get it?"
"My mp... ? No, no- this is my bug repellent device."
"... Oh."
"I know, right?! It's a clip-on."

Okay, so this is actually a half-decent idea, but the advertising made me burst out laughing in the aisle at Walgreen's while I looked for burn cream Monday afternoon. Look how happy Susan Park Reader looks, enjoying the afternoon breeze, lush surroundings, all while rocking a glowing tan, trendy capris, and a not-small clip-on bug repellent.

And it's only $4.99. I think I might give it a try.

5 comments:

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Too fuuuunny! And only $4.99!? What a steal... Are you really getting one!? :)

Lenae said...

Kate- I just might. I mean, if it works, it'll totally be worth the five bucks I shelled out for it. And it makes for awesome blog material, so it's really a win-win situation! :D

Jill said...

Well, if you do get one I definitely want to read about it on your blog! Or, perhaps you could do a give-away on your blog with this as the prize! :)Advertising techniques are pretty amazing, aren't they?

Lenae said...

Jill, you're a genius! I actually have a blogiversary coming up and have been contemplating what to give away :D

This Heavenly Life said...

Just fair warning: I prolly won't wear that if I win it in a giveaway. But blogworthy, it is.

Also, HUGE. Egad. It better work as miraculously as Susan Park Reader (which made me laugh way too hard) seems to think it does. You know how I hate bugs :)