Friday, April 23, 2010

Quick Takes

1. All three of my children woke up at 6:15 this morning. Oy.

2. We are on Day 5 of potty training with Eli. So far it hasn't been too bad: he's interested and willing in the entire process, but is still learning to let us know before he empties his... uh, tank. Overall I am very proud of his good attitude.

I was humored yesterday when he started frantically pointing at the toilet paper after a round in the bathroom. He hadn't done anything requiring toilet paper, but he relentlessly asked for it so I handed it over. He hopped off the toilet, tore a piece, tossed it in the water, and flushed. Riiiiiiight.

3. Here's more Eli-ness for ya: we caught him a few months ago coloring on the newly repainted dining room walls. This is one of his creations:
Ben asked me last night what I "see" when I look at it. I said, a headless deer. He said a giraffe with whiskers. (Here's where you say, Riiiiiiight.) So, what do you see?

4. I wrote my quick take ideas on the same sheet as my shopping list. Me seven seconds ago: "Why did I want to quick take about Q-tips?"

5. This is a sorry set of takes, but it's 7:30 and I'm still grumpy. For a far more entertaining post from Lenae, read yesterday's.

6. Still here? Look at my cute baby!7. And if you made it all the way 'til the end, you definitely deserve to know that Monday, May 3rd marks my 2nd blogiversary! Hooray! Mark your calendars and be sure to stop by for some best-of posts and a giveaway!

Have a great weekend,
and head over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

5 comments:

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Short and sweet... Just like you, right!? ;) I actually see more of a giraffe than deer, I must say. Sticking it's tongue out. Sorry. Maybe next week you could Quick Takes about your shopping list. Now THAT would be interesting... :) And, I'm always up for seeing pics of little Noah! Seriously, he's one of the cutest babies evah evah. Have a blessed weekend!

beck'sthree said...

I, too, do the jot-down-my-quick-take-ideas and then later wonder what the heck I was thinking. Or I lose the list.

Sorry, I see the giraffe, too. And a headless deer? How morbid. You must be a mother of three boys. ;)

lucythevaliant said...

It's an upside-down crustacean of some sort, I'm pretty sure!

Boo to 6:15 in the morning!

And woo-hoo for a blogaversary!

This Heavenly Life said...

1. I hope you're napping.

2. Tank: heh.

3. I see The Incredible Mr. Limpet.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058230/) You really shouldn't have asked me.

6. That is one cute baby! Ugh! He's perfect and adorable and oooooh, I wanna squeeze him!

7. 2 years?? You're so old :)

That Married Couple said...

4. I laughed out loud (in the library - oops!) at this one!

6. Very cute indeed!

7. Oh, happy early blogiversary!