Friday, March 26, 2010

Little Prince

This boy? I love him.

Everything is magical with him at this point (except for when he barfs on me in the middle of the night... but I don't realize it at the time and wake up covered in it and wonder what the heck happened... whoa, there goes Lenae on a tangent!) ... Uh, anyways, everything is magical but the 6-12 month stage is one of my favorites. He's not entirely mobile, but he isn't helpless either. He's quite a sack of potatoes compared to the little bundle he was on the day he was born, wristless arms, rolly thighs and all.

He's sweet and smiley. Well, unless someone other than Ben, my mother-in-law, or I tries to hold him. Then he destroys the eardrums of all bystanders within a 10-foot radius.
My parents sent a few T-shirts for the boys and Noah's is embellished with a crown and the title "Little Prince." Tiny monarch he is, at least in this house. You should see him at mealtime. He wants food, oh, how he wants it. Myriad obstacles make the process of feeding him actual food rather difficult:
  • He refuses to open his mouth. When you move the spoon away, he screams. Attempt to give him the spoonful, mouth closes. Sigh.
  • If you can get any food past his tongue, you win 500 points.
  • And once he finally gets just a leeeeeetle taste, he gives you a look of disgust. "Seriously, people.... Mushy bananas?! Get me cannoli, woman! Or pot pie! Yeah, pot pie! I want a SLAB of pot pie. And I want it, like, 5 minutes ago."
With a smile like this, I just might keep some pot pie warm at all times.

9 comments:

Bethany said...

He's so cute! Almost makes me want another one :)

That Married Couple said...

Oh so sweet!

lucythevaliant said...

what a cutie! That's such a fun stage, too. Or maybe I just think they're all fun stages, so far. But waking up covered in mystery vomit? PASS!

This Heavenly Life said...

I think 6-12 months is one of my favorite stages, too. Such happy little people -- settled into life, not yet developing attitudes or shenanigans, still easily comforted at mama's breast.

My baby is not a baby anymore...I'm trying not to cry, and that's just dumb. Your post was FUNNY and cute and real and here I am getting all bent out of shape? I should go now. You deserve more coherent commenters. Sniffle.

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh, and happy b-day to YOUR little 2 year old tomorrow! Lest I forget that I'm not the only one whose babies have the nerve to turn into toddlers overnight :)

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh my goodness!!! He's just 100% AdoRabLe! I just want to rub him all over me and smooooch all over him. Hee-hee. :)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Little Prince!! He is too cute!! You guys sure make adorable babies!

Emily G. said...

He is so cute! I can't get over his eyes.

6-12 months was my favourite phase as of now too. I like her now (14 mos) but she is soooo active and getting into so much trouble.

beck'sthree said...

Okay, I seriously cannot look at enough pictures of those little boys. The adorableness defies words!