Thursday, April 15, 2010

What We Found At The Library {3}

So, I have a confession: My prior posts for this series haven't included books
I actually procured at the library. At least not at the local library... more like
our *personal* library ;) Sorry, but the idea of taking all three of my boys
(who do not practice volume control, no matter the situation) was absolutely
terrifying for me. Our inaugural visit was shorter than I would have liked,
but it was still exciting to dip all our toes in the fabulous library pool. Here
are some of the boys' favorites, truly and legitimately from the library across
town.


Max's Easter Surprise, by Rosemary Wells
My kiddos love Max & Ruby on Nick Jr., so I knew they'd enjoy this cute book. The plots of both versions are identically framed: Ruby, the big sister, is usually busying herself with a task (Bunny Scouts, crafts, tea parties with her friends) and is interrupted -constantly- by her well-meaning but mischievous little brother, Max. The boys are always delighted with Max's antics (i.e. replacing a birthday cake with a mud cake, complete with worm candles), and I find the concept charming in large part because it reminds me of growing up with my own little brother :)


All Aboard the Dinotrain, by Dee Lund and illustrated by Howard Fine
This book was too much fun! How could observing huge prehistoric creatures take a train ride simply for the thrill of it not be?! The illustrations are vibrant and the story is full of opportunities to imitate silly hand movements and obnoxious dino-noises :) The boys giggled throughout it and were sad when we reached the end.








Thanks to Sarah for hosting this fun roundup! Make sure you head over to
This Heavenly Life to link up and check out everyone else's finds!

2 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Yay, Lenae!! I'm so glad you got to the library, and even MORE glad that you posted about it :)

Though we've never seen Max & Ruby, I'm sure we'd like their books, anyway. And Dinosaurs? On a train?? Super fab :)

Emily said...

Sometimes I feel like we are living twin lives. Seriously, we love Max and Ruby (ok, the two little boys do). And we have read the dinotrain book. Dinosaurs seem to always make it in our library bag, and find their way to our house. Isaac loves "The Day Dinosaurs Came with Everything". A little boy goes on errands with his mom only to discover that you get a dinosaur with every purchase or stop!! They visit the dentist, donut shop, and other places. It's hilarious!