يوم الجمعة
{Friday}
{Friday}
Friday means:- beautiful weather and a playdate at the park
- two cranky kids who refused to go to sleep last night
- lunch with Daddy!
- Mama accidentally rear-ending a Mercedes Benz (yes, I really did. My foot slipped on the brake and... crunch. Amazingly, there wasn't a single dent or paint scratch. Thank you, Lord! But the woman driving the car wasn't too happy with me. I almost said, "Just because I hit your car doesn't mean you have to be so rude!" I mean, it's not like I jumped out of my seat and yelled, "Ha! I got you!" But that makes no sense, so I did not.)
- crazy allergies (why?! Zyrtec is my friend.)
- a completely open, unplanned weekend! (A great relief after a month of dizzily busy weekends in a row.)
Hope all of you are enjoying your Friday,
and hopefully not rear-ending expensive cars :)
and hopefully not rear-ending expensive cars :)
4 comments:
I'm glad there was no damage! I once (barely) rear-ended someone too, but I think it was just a Honda. Compared to my Topaz though, it was a pretty nice car :) Have a wonderful,accident free weekend!
Yikes! People can get so angry about what is clearly an ACCIDENT. I think that's why we call them car accidents, not car on-purposes. That's where that comes from!
I've never rear-ended anyone, but I GOT rear-ended when I was about eight months pregnant with Maria. The lady was acting scared, and kept asking if I was mad. (Wonder if she'd done it before...) She could not seem to fathom that I was not mad, because the car was okay and I was okay and the baby was okay.
Hope you never have to go through that again, or if you do you hit an old car!
We rear-ended someone (so slightly) on the way to the airport in Ireland and we were totally freaked out because: (a) we were in a rental car, and (b) we're not Irish so we didn't know how it would work if the other car was damaged at all. (I guess the rental company would've handled it and then charged us a small fortune?) Anyway, when the woman got out of her car she looked really mad but, at the exact same moment, Penelope woke up from her nap and started SCREAMING. The woman was so worried about Penelope being hurt (and not just angry at having an interrupted nap, as was the case) that she immediately switched from anger to concern. She kept saying, "No, no don't worry about the car, it's okay. Is your baby okay?" Once Penelope calmed down, she left and we never heard anything about the cars ever again.
So, my advice is: if you ever rear-end someone, make sure your kids are crying when you get out of the car!...especially if it's a Mercedes!
Post a Comment