My vacuum cleaner's cord had an exposed wire that I did not see before plugging it in and turning it on. Exposed wire met bracelet on Lenae's hand and...
zring! (that's the sound of an electric current). I am now the proud owner of a gnarly burn on my wrist and hand. Luckily I have an almost-4-year-old in my house who knows
just what to do when skin gets charred: immediately retrieve Toy Story bandaids.
Also, we started potty-training Eli today. He has sped through 6 pairs of underwear since 8 this morning. We shall persevere.
My mood is slowly looking up, thanks to a sweet husband, Neosporin, and the entertainment of watching my 2-year-old raid the shoe closet. Here's to a better Tuesday, y'all.
7 comments:
Lenae! Ouch, and I'm so sorry for you! This is why husbands should vacuum more...they can better withstand electical currents. It's true. I heard it somewhere. (Maybe just inside my head.)
(Now, can you get a Dyson!?)
Ooh, ouch! So how bad was it, being shocked? I think once you have sustained a vacuuming injury of that sort, you should get a medical discharge or something.
Becky: Um, it hurt. A lot. So much, in fact, that during the 5 seconds it took for me to run from the living room to the kitchen, I thought my hand was ON FIRE.
Sarah: Vacuum shopping is in our future, but a Dyson? ... Well, I can dream ;)
*cringe* Oh, Lenae! I just blistered my finger yesterday so the hurt is fresh in my mind. I hope you heal soon. What a Monday!
I have a Felix by Sebo and I love it to death. Not sure what your price range is-I think we paid $400 for the bad boy. I tried an Oreck and some Dysons and a Simplicity and this Sebo had it all over them.
Oh no, Lenae, that's awful! I hope the Toy Story bandaids are helping and you're feeling better already. Ouch!
Yikes! That had to be a little scary, as well as painful!
I'm dreaming of a Dyson, too... but that's as close to one as I'll get for a long time, I bet.
Hope you have a better Tuesday!!!
Oh no!!! Ouch, ouch, ouch! :( Hopefully you're healing a bit by now! Such cute pics, too! :)
Post a Comment