On a day like today, it feels like life -despite its tendency to be just slightly askew at all times- is as it should be. Puffy, picturesque clouds make me smile. In the rearview mirror I can see my children calm in the back seat, barely squinting as the fresh air whips through the car and over their faces.I was so impressed by the boys' amazing behavior at the grocery store that I thought lunch at the park would be a perfect reward. Unfortunately, 2/3 of them were deeply alseep when we arrived at said park. So instead, Gabriel and I had a picnic date in the front seat, where he pointed out people walking their dogs and explained to me how the vent works in the car ("See, Mama?! The air comes out of here!")
And even though I was a little disappointed to not be out in the sunshine, it was beautiful inside our little Montana too, listening to my oldest enjoy his one-on-one time with Mama.
4 comments:
What a fantastic day! Katherine and I sometimes have alone time in the car while Penelope naps and it's always delightful.
I love your new look, too. It looks like spring over here!
Sounds like a great day!
What a sweet memory!
Sounds like a great little picnic!! Especially with some Chick-Fil-A! ;)
Post a Comment