The other day my 3-year-old asked me what I was doing (while I was breastfeeding Noah.)"Noah's drinking milk," I explained.
"Noah baby's drinking?" he repeated back excitedly. (Milk drinking- this he can relate to, you know.)
"Yep."
"Is it chocolate milk?"
Long pause. "Uh, yeah, sure. It's chocolate milk."
For the record, I have no idea why I fibbed. My 3-year-old now looks like he's considering forgoing all the delicious food he gets in favor of returning to Mom's chocolate milk.
And that, my friends, is why we don't lie.
4 comments:
LOL. I think the only solution is to eat lots of chocolate so it's at least partially true.
Ooooh, Beck's right :) Sometimes it's SO easy to tell a little white lie. But then when your toddler explains it to another adult, we no longer feel so smart :)
LOL. This makes me think of a few months ago when I was nursing Maria at my aunt's house. My cousin (age 7) asked what she was doing.
"Drinking milk", said my aunt.
"Milk???" shocked cousin asks.
Then my aunt puts her foot in it. "Well, remember how I told you mommies make their own milk..."as he looks doubtful..."just like cows".
My cousin:"Oh my gosh! You mean girls look like cows under there???"
Now every time I see him I wonder if he is picturing an udder under my shirt. It's a little disconcerting.
I'm with Beck--just eat more chocolate. Problem solved.
Post a Comment