Thursday, September 3, 2009

cruise control.

Can you forgive me if I coast for a few weeks here on the little blog? I am in relaaaaaaaxation mode as we wind down toward the birth of Son #3. I am trying so very, very hard not to be impatient while we count down the days. I LIVE for countdowns: I doodle calendars all over everything and am constantly on edge, anxiously awaiting our next adventure. Makes it hard to enjoy the moment, right?

So I am resisting calendar-doodling. This morning I shocked myself and managed to get out the door and take the boys to a local park. We had the place to ourselves, and it was glorious. The weather was cool, a breeze was blowing, and the children decorously climbed from level to level on the playground. It was like a scene from a greeting card commercial.

Last night I was pleasantly surprised to find that toting along a throw pillow from our living room made Wednesday Night Bible Study much more pleasant. It's the little things, you know? My rear end was grateful, at least. The soap in the bathroom smelled nice. The lesson was good. Our pastor's wife said the presence of our boys brought with it "the sound of testosterone," which is probably one of my favorite things I've had said about my sons. It's like the byline of my life now: Just Lenae- The Sound of Testosterone Ringing in My Ears.

I like having Husband home again. Every time he has to go away somewhere, I feel the gaping hole where my best friend should be. Methinks I will never let him leave again. Who else can I write Arabic notes to, little jokes that make us snicker like we're in junior high? Who else will let me construct pictures out of the freckles on his arms? Who else will greet me in the morning with, "Good morning, Stink Sauce," because it's completely random and he knows I hate it when he tells me I stink but it's so bizarre that it makes me laugh?

Life is good. I'm not even tempted to doodle calendars. At least not at the moment :)

3 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Yes! Relax and cruise away. Just make sure you let us know every little detail while you're doing so :)

You can write Arabic?! Color me impressed. (And now I'm wondering if your stinky nickname would tranlsate well...)

Amanda said...

Oh wow - your baby will be here so soon! I know what you mean about the calendar doodles. I was obsessed with my due date, and I would get almost violent when someone would get it wrong. For example, someone might ask, "How much longer til your due date?" Someone else (a co-worker, friend, or husband) being helpful, would reply, "About a week." I would turn all shades of "no you didn't" and try not to shout, "FIVE DAYS, IT'S FIVE DAYS! NOT SEVEN!"

I hope you will really enjoy this time. You will be in my prayers!

Diane said...

Hi Lenae! I see your comments frequently on Heavenly's posts, so I tripped over here for the first time. I'm excited to hear your baby boy news; we have three little boys, too, and I'm crazy over how much I love it. Congrats!