
[Lots to be thankful for this week! Here we go:]
*1. A baby shower! Some dear women at my church threw a baby shower for me last Saturday, something I neither expected nor necessarily wanted. I get horribly embarrassed when I'm the center of attention, and baby showers are no exception. I wish I was one of those people who blush crimson and get a little shaky when embarrassed. Unfortunately, my reaction is to ham it up and babble like a drunk about pretty much anything that comes into my mind. I digress, however: The shower was so much fun and I was blessed with many awesome/helpful/sweet/considerate gifts.2. Baby shower, Part II. I convinced myself to go get my hair done for the occasion. The only times I've ever had my hair done were for Senior Prom and my wedding. I showed up at the salon with more than enough time to spare and she made me beautiful! My hair was voluminous and shiny, and I walked out of the place ready to call Expecting Models. Until the heavens opened and some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen began to fall. My beautiful hair was ruined in about 4 seconds. I looked like I'd stepped into the shower fully clothed. I arrived at my baby shower with smeared mascara and a messy bun.
3. A healthy pregnancy. At less than a month to go, everything seems to be going well with Son #3 in utero. My end-of-the-road belly, however, seems to be many peoples' tickets to say whatever they want concerning my, erm, condition. My favorite of the week: "Oh honey, you're not going to make it." I want to follow up with, "Make it to what?"
- "... My due date? Well, as long as he's healthy and ready, so am I." (I'm sure this is usually what they mean, and it's often followed up with the classic "You're look like you're going to pop!" statement.)
- "... The bathroom? Gosh, for everyone's sakes, I hope I do."
- "... Like, in general? As in, continue living? Once again, I hope I do. Last I checked, I was pregnant, not cornered somewhere in the Alamo."
5. Blog Treasure. Some posts that rocked my world this week:
- "One Buddy a Night" at Still Learning the Game of Life. This post by Brooke made me laugh so hard that I cried. Enough said.
- "A Separation, A Detachment" at This Heavenly Life. Sarah's account of taking her toddler daughter to her first day at Kid's Day Out is achingly sweet, as real as it gets, and it will leave you with a smile on your face.
- "Pictures Speak a Thousand Lies" at A Worthy Life. Lots to chew on in this post by Dina. Definitely worth the read.
6. Post-Dinner dancing in the kitchen. While I made cinnamon bread for the husby to take into work today, the rest of the fam boogied to the amazingness that is Pandora.com. Punk-pop music makes for beautiful cinnamon bread and toddler artistic expression.7. Did I say cinnamon bread? Yeah, a hunk of it is sitting in my kitchen calling my name, so I think these Quick Takes are about done for the week. More can be found @ Conversion Diary!
*The t-shirts with this image on them can be found at MuthaCrafter's Etsy shop. It's been one of my favorite pieces of maternity clothing this pregnancy!
4 comments:
You're not going to make it :)
You'll totally make it =). I just found out that I'm expecting boy #3 as well and you know? I think I'll make it to. It's my husband that should be worried.
My toddler just picked up the "bless you" thing too and it makes me a little weepy every time he says it because it's just so darn cute.
Oh, how you make me laugh :D
I'm sorry about your beautiful hair being ruined! But maybe all the baby shower cake made up for it?
Thank you for the link! I can't wait to check out the others.
Number 3 is hilarious! It truly is amazing what people say to pregnant women! I think I received more inappropriate questions and advice in my last 2 months of pregnancy than in the rest of my entire life!
Congrats on "making it" to the last month - what an exciting time! Do you feel like you've gotten everything ready?
And cinnamon bread - yum! I'm totally drooling now!
Post a Comment