Thursday, August 20, 2009

funny boys.

I know what the funniest thing in the world is. It's Curious George.

What, you weren't aware? I wasn't either. In fact, I don't necessarily agree. But my 3-year-old is sure of it. Curious George makes him laugh so hard that the laughs don't really sound like laughs... They sound like almost painful, cackly shrieks. When he does it, I become so startled that I have a very nice, pleasant Braxton-Hicks contraction and his brother comes toddling as fast as his short legs will carry him to see what all the ruckus is about.

And you know what's funny about that? The sight of his chubby cheeks flapping as he runs. Funny and oh-so-cute!

Yesterday evening at church they found a tall stack of covered foam climbing pads. Eli would look at us, then the blocks, and yell- this is Eli-ese for, "Hey, can I get a hand here?" Gabriel needs no such assistance. He grabbed a pad right in the middle and pulled with all his might. The tower collapsed atop them both. They laughed hysterically. They lost control of their little selves and fell and knocked heads. This was even MORE funny.

They're building a world I don't think I have a ticket to, but it's entertaining to observe them in it.

1 comment:

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Aww! We like George here too! :)