Monday, March 9, 2009

I've been experiencing one of the most difficult spiritual times yet in my walk with Christ. In the last eight years or so, there have been more than enough obstacles. For the most part, though, there always seemed to be strings tied to those obstacles that led back to me. Sometimes, the strings were more like thick cords.... the obstacles were my personal struggles, my battles against the flesh. Other times, the strings were thin, almost transparent threads that I surveyed while biting my lower lip. They were the kind of hurdles where other people -or things- had shoved them out into my path, but maybe I had given them a bump or two? ...You know, those kinds of obstacles.

I am swimming in a humid fog of spiritual warfare that has left me blindsided. Ephesians 6:12 talks about the "powers of this dark world" and for the first time ever, I have actually felt that perhaps I was knocking heads with these things. For awhile, I was angry; people around me were acting in ways I couldn't trace to reasons. Then I got confused. And then I shut off.

Today, a breath of fresh air.

Today, I felt the love of good friends who said, "I can't explain this, but I will walk with you through it."

Today, I was reminded that amid the insidious powers, there is still humility ...there is still hope.

Today, I remembered that even when I can't hear Him, He still hears every word I say.

Today, my children's smiles and husband's warm, strong embrace were enough to flood light into my tired heart with a shout- "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"!

Onwards and upwards, Lord.


No comments: