First of all, if you lived in the Augusta area, was it not
gorgeous today?! It was glorious! As promised in the previous post, we were outside getting dirty. The sights, the smells... It's not everyone's cup of tea but since becoming an adult, I've really come to enjoy doing some old fashioned yard work. It made me think of my childhood: My brother and I spent much of our youth on 5 acres of land in northern California, and we stayed busy! My dad had us chopping wood, clearing brush, and helping plant trees and a garden. Of course, at the time we whined like there were child labor laws being broken, but looking back on it, even amid the whining I felt then what I felt today- more alive, more human, more connected with the basic things of life.

Gabriel organized rocks for us.
And Eli supervised from his jail/tent area.
Chainsaws make men ridiculously happy.
Buy your husband one, you'll see what I mean.
Stone border. VERY exciting.
Planting flowers!
And now, for your viewing pleasure, chubby baby
legs in baby shorts. Because you know you can't resist.
No comments:
Post a Comment