I've seen lists on other people's blogs... lists that share embarrassing and little known facts about the blogger and their family. We Ross's are all about stepping in the poop before someone shoves us in it, so here's our list of crazy, random tidbits you may not know about us:1) Ben eats ice cream directly out of the carton, with a fork. First off, does anyone else do this?! Perplexing as it is to me (I come from an ice-cream-in-a-bowl, eaten-with-a-spoon heritage), there's not much I can say about it. I mean, the ice cream gets to the same place via fork or spoon, right?
2) I do not like being alone in public bathrooms (thanks to a horrible little movie called The Ring 2); I do not like "dark" movies (as in, I want humor, sunlight, and mushy moments on the big screen!); and I do not like cold beverages without them being overloaded with an equal proportion of ice. We're talking LOTS OF IT. I want to get a headache every time I take a sip, or else it's just a drink masquerading as a cold one.
3) Gabriel has discovered that the same pen/pencil/crayon that draws on paper and coloring books also draws on the walls. Please don't comment on the scribbles found about 2 feet off the ground on various walls in our house. And if you must, compliment our fabulous taste in abstract art.
4) Ben believes that making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a skill -a craft. I have tried many times to make him one, but mine fall far below his expectations of sandwichy perfection. There must be a certain amount of pb, and a certain amount of jelly. There is a way to spread it on the bread just so.
5) ... I will be fair and admit that when I do happen to make pb&j sandwiches, I cannot use the same knife to spread Ben's jelly (blackberry) as well as mine (raspberry). To those of you who snickered, it is not petty! Dude, if I wanted blackerry jelly on my sandwich -even the tiniest trace of it- I'd slap some on there. But I don't. Thus, two knives are necessary.
6) Gabriel also enjoys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Ben likes to surprise him with one when I drop him off at work, so that I'll get a pleasant surprise when I arrive back home: One baby + one carseat + 1/3 of the back seat covered in pb & j. Ah.... Life is good.
1 comment:
First of all ice cream with a fork is the best way...less metal.
Second of all peanut butter is very serious , gourmet and handled with much care and accuracy. So props to ben and to you for seeing that thru Ben.
third of all ,"I got nothing!"
Post a Comment