Thursday, February 7, 2008

Superbowl 2008

This week we returned to normalcy: I'm all done with Arabic class (yay!), so it's back home with the kiddo (I have lots to catch up on with Sesame Street, SuperWhy!, and Curious George).

We spent Sunday evening with our friends (the Laney's), watching the Superbowl. We were rooting for the Giants for a plethora of reasons, but my personal, primary reason is because the quarterback's name is Eli, just like my second little bun-in-the-oven! (I know... a lame and girly reason, but a lame, girly, HONEST reason at least...) Anyhoo, the Giants won (!) so the Ross's were happy campers. Perhaps more entertaining than the game, however, was how our friends' daughter, Ella, totally dominated Gabriel in a battle of will and sheer power. Ella is about to turn one, and is one of the most adorable little girls around. Don't let her cute barrettes and big blue eyes fool you, though: She stalked Gabriel with maniacal glee. And Ben and I are obviously acing the section of parenting where you raise your son to be a gallant warrior, because he responded to this attention by running out of the room and screaming like, well.. a girl. She even took him down a few times. Our conclusions: Ella is a force to be reckoned with. And we've clearly molded our son into QUITE the gentleman, right? Right?

Other quick updates- I gave Gabriel a haircut this week and managed to not entirely ruin his handsome little face with a mullet or bald-patch disaster. He found cake on the table and mustered enough self-control over his impulse to say "Mmmm!" to consume approximately a third of it before I found him (He said "Mmm!" over and over as I carried him to his Time-Out chair).

No comments: