Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ben and Gabriel

Hello all!

Wow, we've been so busy that I thought we'd posted a lot more recently than we have. Ben returned to work on Sunday after almost two full weeks of leave. He hasn't been able to get such a large block of vacation since the little man was born, so it was very relaxing for him. He and Gabriel had a great time hanging out together! I realized a few days into it what a difference it is for Gabriel depending on which parent he's home with: Mommy makes yummy snacks, doubles as a giant pillow, and must be kept an eye on because of possible, relentless kiss-attacks; Daddy, on the other hand, never seems irritated by loud noises or the throwing of (relatively) heavy objects across the room. Daddy is just as enthusiastic about playing in the dirt outside. And Daddy agrees that mismatching outfits are the way to go.

Okay, in all seriousness- Ben did a wonderful job (as he always has) with Gabriel. I've really been able to enjoy this month-long class rather than stress out through every minute of it because of the comforting knowledge that my little boy is with the man who loves him most. He is such a devoted father... I married him knowing he would be, but he's far surpassed all the expectations I was brimming with on 5/28/05.

This was all pretty mushy, so combined with my pregnancy hormones, I'll have to end this post so I can go dab my eyes dry. We'll update again soon (with pictures!)

2 comments:

Winn Family said...

you guys are such an adorable couple--you're such a good wife and well--you guys are just awesome. I'm so glad that all your training went well. I love your blog!

papaw said...

Well well well..you were surprised about how good Ben was with the little G man. Should not have been surprised he is my son afterall. He he