Today we took Gabriel to see his first movie at the theatre: Veggie Tales- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. I was expecting about 5 minutes of uninterrupted viewing following by 75 minutes of chasing, soothing, hushing, and embarrassed-running-out-with-a-screaming child (in any random order). Of course, the little man made us proud and made me feel horrible for my bottom of the barrel expectations. He watched intently for the first half hour, which is like a grand slam since fruit flies have longer attention spans than children his age. He happily slurped his juice and pointed at the screen a few times ("Look, Mom! A cucumber pirate who's as big as our house!") He spent the last 10 minutes alternately chewing on Ben's glasses and positioning them on his own face (our small, half Filipino Harry Potter). As for our first week with me back at work and Ben being a stay-at-home dad, it went fairly smoothly. In class, I am called Layla The Pregnant (in Arabic of course), and at the end of each day, I have come home to a surprisingly clean house (Yep, I have the best husband EVER). Gabriel's finally got some new teeth coming in, so we've been dealing with his understandable crankiness and trying to find things for him to chew on other than his own hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment