Friday, January 4, 2008

Proud to be a worthless nut!

Like the rest of the world, I am gearing up for the big Ohio State game on Jan 7 where the Buckeyes will trounce the LSU kitty cats. I worked through the holidays so I can take the 7th off, and will be ready to cheer (or throw pillows if things don't go my way.) And if by some far out chance the Mighty Buckeyes are not victorious, I am sure the president will call a day of mourning on Tuesday and we will all be flying our flags at half mast. (If they lose, no one is allowed to talk to me for a week, OK?)

In other news, Lenae is going to a month-long Arabic class starting Monday and will be working all day, and I have switched to swing shift. I have also taken leave for half the month so I can stay home with Gabriel and be a stay-at-home dad. I can just imagine what our house is going to look like for this month: Gabriel and I plan on repainting most of the house in red, yellow, and green finger paint. Hopefully it will rain because I think some mud would look nice in the living room. As for lunch, I sure hope Gabriel doesn't mind eating spaghetti oh's and grilled cheese every day. Lenae says she will just be happy if we still have a house by the end of the month. I think I am really going to enjoy it, and who knows, maybe Lenae will start bringing home the bacon and I can stay home with the kids.

I got nothing. Bacon out. (Pssst from Lenae: For those of you who don't know, Ben's adopted Southern nickname is 'Bacon'.)
-Ben

No comments: