Monday, June 28, 2010

quick, say something!

Guess what, Internet? My oldest boy turned 4 on Friday, and I just realized that I didn't tear up once that entire day. Yay, me! Normally I'm a trembly, blubbery mess on my childrens' birthdays (yes, I'm that kind of mom), but the combination of hosting my in-laws for the week (I have the best in-laws EVER) and applying medication to said oldest boy's eyeballs every two hours (pink eye. Pretty sweet birthday present, eh?) had my brain a-swirlin' with menu plans and chores and lots of laughter-filled conversations. No time for crying. Just fun. And exhaustion.

Despite copious amounts of sunscreen, most of us burned.
Camera, meet Sand. Camera promptly dies. End scene.
Second-born refused to go near the ocean for the entire day that we were there. Until the last 20 minutes. Then he twinkle-toed through the surf and wept like the baby he is while we lugged him to the showers.
Bubba Gump's in Charleston. Be still, my heart.

Berry-picking.
Zoo-going.
Drive-ins for Toy Story (oh wait, I did cry through that. Curse you, sentiment-rousing vintage toys!)
Successful Thai dishes made on the fly (go me, again!)

Oh, Internet, I could have you scrolling for hours with amusing stories, but the baby woke from his nap and my time with you is done. End scene.

6 comments:

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Aww, sounds like sooo much fun!! Are you tired, though!? ;) Happy b'day again to Gabriel! Just wait until age 5. That was HARD for me... :(

And my, oh my! Why didn't I think of the drive-in for Toy Story!? We were planning on taking the kids soon. Yes, I did hear that everyone cries too. What's up with that!? I'm always crying in the animated movies. Always.

Emily said...

Whew! You're so amazing, Lenae! What a fun week, and yeah for great in laws!!

This Heavenly Life said...

Well, hours of amusing stories or not, THAT was a great post :)

Your trip sounds wonderful and I'm glad you're home safely!

I guess I need to see Toy Story, huh?

That Married Couple said...

Sounds like a great time, despite the pink eye!

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Hope he had a great bday!! I really want to see Toy Story - the drive in would be so fun!

Dina said...

hey! we went berry picking too! made for some delicious strawberry shortcake after!