Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Perfectly Poetical Tuesday {Triolet}

It's been awhile since I've participated in PerPoTues! For me, poetry is like exercising: I dread it and fear it and mostly hate it in the moment, but after all that whining and imagined torture... satisfaction and happiness (even if the results aren't perfect ;). Enjoy my triolet for today's edition. It's wordy and I don't think it flows the way it should, but it's what I could crank out during the hallowed sliver of naptime.
:
::
Let's band together, they said one to another
and make this shopping trip an adventure
For our greatest allies are truly our brothers
Let's band together, they said one to another
If we work hard enough, we can make her stutter
and boil over with anger and censure
Let's band together, they said one to another
and make this shopping trip an adventure.
:::
::::
:::::
*Thanks to Stephanie from The Little Stuff of Life for hosting!
Click over to her blog for more triolets and to participate!

6 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

I love it when you do poetry, Lenae! This is so good! And that picture seems to go so well with the thoughts!

Whadaya say WE band together instead? Let those little conspirators work against their daddy while we go have a milkshake :) One can dream...

Stephanie said...

Very funny! Sometimes a little time pressure really kickstarts the creativity, doesn't it?!

Glad you faced your fears once again and joined in! :) Maybe one of these days poetry won't seem like torture anymore!

Bethany said...

I love it! And can totally relate :)

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Love the pic and the poem! Just look at those little tiptoes! :) *sigh* Hope you're doing well, Friend! :)

Jen Rouse said...

I really like your "greatest allies are truly our brothers" line.

It's amazing what you CAN crank out during naptime, isn't it? If it weren't for naptime (aka Quiet Time, for my older ones) I'd never get anything done in my life.

Emily said...

Haha! Yes! Although, at my house the greatest allies are our sisters...but the mamma's reaction is about the same.