Sunday, May 2, 2010

Par-tay with Lenaaaaaaaae! {A giveaway!!}

I love a good party- don't you? Today is my 2nd blogiversary, the birthday of my blog, the annual celebration that I'm still here! My first post was written a month after my 2nd son was born; since then, my fabulous bloggy friends have trekked with me through a third pregnancy and gotten to know all three of my boys -and me!- along the way.

To all of you who read -whether you comment or not- I appreciate it! I started writing here on a whim, and it's been a blast making friends and letting the people who know me in person see another layer of {just} Lenae :)

This is where I'd get mushy and sentimental, but there are a few reasons why I won't:
1) Our Internet modem died a few days ago. Thus, I am sitting in the parking lot of Taco Bell using their free wi-fi at 11-something at night to crank out this post. I am tiiiiiiiiiiiired.
2) Blog birthdays here at {just} Lenae involve presents just like real-life birthdays! Wahoo!

So without further ado, please meet Bethany:
Doesn't she look friendly? I think so. Her cute blog and some e-mails have confirmed that she is indeed quite nice, and guess what? Along with being a mom to three kiddos (ages 2, 3, and 4), teaching piano part-time, singing in her church choir, and jumping into the fabulous arena of gardening, she also crafts together some seriously adorable bags. Check 'em out:Align CenterYour drool is not in vain, because one lucky commenter can win a bag of her choice from Bethany's Etsy shop! Here's the dealio:

1) Go visit her shop. Browse around, then jet back here and let me know in a comment which item you'd like if you win.
2) *Gain another entry by posting about this giveaway on your blog.
3) *Gain a third entry by becoming a fan of Sew Lovely Designs on Facebook!
*Come back and let me know in another comment if you do!

The contest ends this Saturday, May 8, at midnight. A winner will be randomly selected and I will announce it on Sunday!

85 comments:

That Married Couple said...

Congratulations Lenae! And thanks for the giveaway! My favorite is the Slouch Purse in Amy Butler Bliss Bouquet Teal (although the damask buttercup bag was a close second)!

lucythevaliant said...

Happy blogoversary!! I'm so glad that you decided to write a blog, so I get to read it!

I thought ALL of the bags were delish...especially the buttercup one!

Beck said...

Happy Blogiversary! Mine isn't even a week old yet! Just wanted to say hellooooo!! And I'm totally following you now. :)

Dina said...

I'll take one of each please and thank you!! Gorgeous bags...love!

Happy 'versary!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Happy blogiversary! Oh my goodness all the bags are adorable. It would be tough to choose, but I liked
Slouch Purse - Amy Butler Bliss Bouquet in Teal from the LOVE collection OR the Buttercup bag in red. Gorgeous!! Thanks for entering me :-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So easy for me to chose my favorite - Slouch Purse - Amy Butler Paradise Garden in periwinkle. It's beautiful

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I am a fan of Sew Lovely Designs on Facebook.

QuiltyGoodness said...

I love that pleated purse in soft green.

This Heavenly Life said...

Ooooh, Lenae! Happy anniversary! I'm SO happy that you started blogging :)

I LOVE the slouch purse in Gothic Flower Leaf. I want it. I need it.

Kendra said...

oh I love allof the them :) but, the one in morning glory & the one in pardise garden are my absolute favorites......

Tara said...

I really like the Alexander Henry Mocca Slouch purse! Her prices are so reasonable! Amazing!

Thanks for the chance to win!

allsewnup said...

My fave is the Slouch Purse in Amy Butler Periwinkle Blue.Gorgeous.
Congratulations on your 2nd year.

Carolyn

Sara said...

Congrats! What a great giveaway! I'd pick Pleated Purse - Large - Amy Butler Morning Glory Linen

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

They are all so gorgeous! And good prices too. I would have to choose the Yoko slouch. Love it!

Bailey said...

Happy 2 year! My favorite is the Alexander Henry Yoko Slouch Purse - love black and white - but they are all great!

Jenny said...

happy blogiversary! i really liek the slouch purse...all her fabric choices are fabulous. LOVE by amy butler is my fav.

deserae said...

Congrats! I love the Slouch Purse - Amy Butler Paradise Garden in periwinkle!

Mystica said...

Slouch Purse in Amy Butler fabric.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hands down the Slouch Purse in Amy Butler fabric the purple one. It is not me per se' but it has such good energy that I would use it and make it me by smiling everytime I look at it.

Lovely work!!! Very nice to see young girls doing such great work.

Smiles,
Kelly
ihaveanotion@yahoo.com

Amber H. said...

There seems to be a ton of blogaversaries going on around this time of the year!

Anyways, I'd have to probably say I would want the Alexander Henry Mocca in chocolate zippered bag in medium. I don't need another purse, (I know I'm slightly crazy for saying that!) but I do need more zippered bags!

Jamie Mueller said...

Congrats on your blog! What a great giveaway! I like the Slouch Purse - Amy Butler Paradise Garden in periwinkle

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Yay on two years, bloggy Friend! :) My two year anniversary is TODAY!! Only two days apart! :) Don't enter me for the drawing, but just wanted to give you love!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh, and I totally forgot to say that her stuff is amazing!! I love all of the fabrics and have looked around on her blog before. I'm inspired and need to learn how to sew NOW! :)

Katie B. said...

Cool bags! I think the gothic flower slouch bag is my favorite, but it's tough to choose!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love Bethany's stuff!!! My fave is Slouch Purse - Alexander Henry Yoko in black and white, and I'm a fan on FB!!! I don't blog, but I put a shout out on my own FB page and have over 600 friends who will see it....does that count??

Happy blogiversary!
Shelby Bamford Somers

Bridgette said...

Oh my gosh...how could a person choose just one of those bags...they are all delicious! Congrats on the blog anniversary.

Bridgette

Duff said...

Congrats on your blogiversary!!

lotsa great stuff in her Etsy shop--thanks for the directions!!

I love the Alexander Henry Biba zippered pouch--f-u-n!!

Judy said...

Congrats on the Blogaversary! I've just started mine last week! Thank you for the giveaway! I love the pleated purse in AB Morning Glory (I LOVE that fabric!)

Judy said...

I'm a Facebook fan of her designs too

kelliemorgan said...

MMMM! Love that slouch in gothic leaf! Congrats on your blogiversary!

kelliemorgan said...

I'm a facebook fan!
kelliemorgnan17@gmail.com

Kelli said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!
Wow! Those bags are awesome! It was a hard choice but I love the Buttercup Bag - Large size - Red, White and Black

Patty said...

Congratulations on your 2nd anniblogversity. I just love the slouch purse made with A Henry fabric in mocha & orange.

SheilaC said...

Happy Blogiversary! Thank you for the give away!

I would just love to win this bag!!


Pleated Purse - Large - Amy Butler Morning Glory Linen

SheilaC

shecarita at yahoo dot com

Willa said...

Like all the bags.....maybe slouch is my favorite. Like the blue Amy Butler fabric in this bag.

Happy Blogday!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I love the slouch purse gothic flower! But, they are all so gorgeous and it is a tough decision. Happy anniversary and thanks for the chance to win!

galew417@comcast.net

Dandelion Quilts said...

I am a bag lover, so of course, I just loved her shop. I love the large pleated handbag in Amy Butler's Linen Morning Glory fabric. Simply delightful. Thanks.

Jessamyn said...

Congats Lenae!! You have a beautiful family and I love hearing about your mommyhood adventures.

All the bags are lovely but I like the morning glory pleated purse best.

Tonya said...

LOVE all the fabric choices. I think I'd pick Slouch Purse - Gothic Flower in Leaf.

tonyadusold.blogspot.com

sewcolorful said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary. Your friends purses are lovely. I'll be totally checking out her etsy shop thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

First of all, what a refreshing blog to read and I've only read the first page! Second of all, just so you know Bethany IS a kind, sweet, loving person, she doesn't just look that way, she Is that way...and I love all the purses and couldn't possibly pick just one, so I will take the underdog, the one that is sitting quietly, not getting any votes...I love surprises so I will let you and all the other comment makers, pick for me (in a round about way)...Thanks!

Meghan said...

I'm a facebook fan!

Meghan said...

So hard to choose... but I love the Buttercup Bag - Amy Butler Lotus - Large.

Julie in WA said...

Such lovely bags, how to choose, how to choose? Well, it would have to be the Bangle Dots zippered pouch!

Susana said...

I would love the Slouch Purse in Amy Butler Bliss Bouquet in Teal. But they're all yummy!
Thanks for a great giveaway!

Food According To Karen said...

I 'like' you on Facebook.

karenb1961@gmail.com

Food According To Karen said...

My favourite is the Buttercup Bag - Amy Butler Lotus - Large.

karenb1961@gmail.com

Emily said...

Happy Blogaversary to you, happy blogaversary to you. Happy Blogaversary Just Lenaaaeee. Happy Blogaversary to yoooouuuu!!!

I am so glad you started blogging and I get to read all about ALL your boys!! Where else can you get educated in Arabic and the joys of indoor basketball??

Kari @ Fresh Cut Quilts said...

I blogged about your giveaway too!
Kari

Kari @ Fresh Cut Quilts said...

Love the Slouch purse in Gothic rose or paradise garden are my favorite-- I like the red Buttercup bag though too. Happy blogiversary!

Kate said...

Happy 2nd Blogiversary!

I love the black and grey purse with the white leaves! Love it.

liberal sprinkles said...

oooh such nice things! I especially love the Pleated Purse - large - Soft Green and Cream Flowers ;)

JayTee said...

I like the one shown best (Paradise Garden in Periwinkle)...it has my favorite colors and I like the size

Michele said...

Love all those bags! One of my favorites is the slouch purse in the Amy Butler Paradise Garden (periwinkle) fabric.

JayTee said...

I blogged about the giveaway on my blog ( www.jayteespatchworkplace.com).

Marcia said...

Happy blogiversary. Thank you for the opportunity to enter the giveaway for one of the fabulous bags. My etsy favorite is the Slouch Purse - Amy Butler Paradise Garden in periwinkle. The sunspot lining is cute.

juliesewgreen said...

I love the Gothic flower slouch purse. Way cool! I teach middle school and I know that purse would be the talk of the school!
Happy Blogiversary!

Judy C said...

Congratulations on your anniversay, I lover your buttercup bags.

SoozeM said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! All her bags are gorgeous, but I really love the pleated bag in the Soft Green and Cream Flowers fabric, so classic and just gorgeous!
(soozemoroney@gmail.com)

SoozeM said...

I am a fan on facebook!
(soozemoroney@gmail.com)

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

I love the Zippered Pouch - Alexander Henry Mocca in chocolate! Congrats, friend! So thankful to have met you in this bloggy world :)!

Linda T said...

Congratulations on your blogoversary - I'll stop in and read more often!

Count me in on your giveaway - I love her bags, especially the one in the middle of her header on Etsy - but I didn't see that one in the shop. I also like the slouch purse in black and white!

ltenhage@gmail.com

free indeed said...

I became a 'fan' of her shop as freeindeed cyr

free indeed said...

Congrats Lenae! Very lovely giveaway to celebrate..seems we win! I liked two purses equally, but think I'll choose the slouch purse in Yoko black white. I will gift it to one of my daughters if I win....moms are like that huh?

Vesuviusmama said...

Happy blogaversary to you! My fav was the Bloom Slouch Bag, but that Buttercup Bag was no slouch either. And my current bag is starting to show its age, so here's hoping I win!

Val said...

My fave is the Medium, Slouch Alexander Henry in Orange :) Love it!

Jenny said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!!! I must say you are Blogtasic! Ha ha...thanks for the lovley give away...I love the Pleated Purse in Morning Glory...thanks for sharing a little part of your life with your blog fans! Oh and I so became a fan of Sew Lovely facebook!

maureencracknell said...

Congrats! My fav is definitely :
http://www.etsy.com/listing/41819316/pleated-purse-large-amy-butler-morning?ref=v1_other_2
Although, they are all lovely!
Thanks for the chance to win one!

Karyli said...

I love the slouch purse - gothic flowers in leaf. So many cute ones!

babiesdoc said...

I like the slouch bags- esp those in Amy Butler prints - paradise is my favorite

Michele said...

I'm loving the Slouch Purse - Medium - Alexander Henry Mocca in orange - it's just a happy bag!

Megan said...

Happy Blogaversary! :) My favorite purse is the Large Amy Butler Morning Glory Linen. It's super cute!!! :)

supermegs28 at yahoo dot com

Amanda said...

Because I already have a bag, I thought I would take the time to say you are awesome for giving away one of Bethany's (my sister) bags! They really are beautiful and who ever wins will be more than thrilled to own it! She is amazing at what she does!

Love you Bethany!

Doubybera said...

Congrats on your anniversary :) I love all of the slouch purses and I own the Slouch Purse - Medium - Alexander Henry Mocca in orange. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :) I see there has been a new addition to her collection and I would love to win Slouch Bag - Bloom in Rust by Joel Dewberry, it is my new favorite. If I dont whoever does win it will be very happy!!! Although my birthday is in a few weeks, wink wink Bethany :)

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the blogoversary! All of the bags are beautiful!!!! I especially liked the Slouch Purse - Gothic Flower in Leaf. Thanks for the giveaway.

Debb said...

Sloch bag in Amy Butler ... bliss bouquet... so, cute...

Grace Wong said...

and I became a fan on fb!
Grace Wong
shou.milk@gmail.com

Grace Wong said...

I also blogged: http://sugarrosies.blogspot.com/2010/05/weekly-giveaways-wk-9.html
shou.milk@gmail.com

Grace Wong said...

congrats on turning 2!
I love the Pleated Purse - Large - Soft Green and Cream Flowers!
shou.milk@gmail.com

Jill said...

Congrats! It's fun to celebrate this with you! Alright, if I should win, my favorite is the Slouch Purse in Amy Butler Paradise Garden in Periwinkle. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it at the top of your post.

Kimmer said...

LOVE the slouch purse in the Alexander Henry orange print... so fun!!! Thanks for the giveaway... and happy blogiversary!

Jill said...

Okay, I'm here for my second chance. I posted about your giveaway at http:clearestglimpse.blogspot.com. I'm still loving the Slouch - Paradise Garden in Periwinkle.

Laura said...

I love love love the Buttercup Bag -- Amy Butler Lotus. It's perfect! Especially the corduroy!

Laura said...

I became of fan of hers on Facebook!

Check out my giveaway -- http://towninwifehouse.blogspot.com/2010/05/making-difference.html

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh, and you already know this, but I blogged about it on my Quick Takes.

There's nothing like me coming in under the wire for my second entry, huh?

Go me :)