Wednesday, May 5, 2010

celebrating with silence.

Not really.

But you'd think I'd be a little chattier considering it's my blogiversary week. I had a whole week of posts planned, but unfortunately my enthusiasm bumped and clunked over the speed bump of reality: My husband is gone all this week on business. And when he leaves, my brain goes with him.

So, silence? Not so much. The children have actually been fairly good and loads of prayer are really helping to hold me back from tipping into the abyss of perpetual yelling.

When I feel myself getting a little crazy-eyed, one of them restores my sanity with a simple, profound show of personality. Sometimes it's the baby squealing and excitedly crawling up to me when I've entered the room. Or it's Eli -my boy who refused to call me by, um, my title until recently- saying, "Mamaaaaaa" over and over because he can see it makes me smile. Or it's Gabriel throwing his arms around my neck as I tuck him into bed and saying, "Thank you much for jumping!" (translation: Thanks for taking us to the jump place!)

I guess I am celebrating, on a week-long date with my three favorite little men :)

6 comments:

noteverstill said...

Oh, my brain does that, too - leaves whenever my husband leaves, which unfortunately is too often. Enjoy the one-foot-in-front-of-the-other-ness until he gets back, and happy blogiversary!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

I'll pray for you while your hubby is away... Mine is away last week, this week, and next week. (although he's home on Sat. & Sun.) It's been hard some days. I miss him. :( I find it's so much easier when I get out of the house, but sometimes wanting to take the million steps to get out of the house is hard! :) Love and ((HUGS))!

Lenae said...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I agree, Kate: Getting out of the house makes a world of difference, but wrangling all three of my boys into the car, then out of the car and into wherever, then back into the car... Yeesh :D I'll be taking those million steps though! It's better than all of us stewing inside the house and driving each other crazy! ;)

allsewnup said...

I hear exactly what you're saying and feel what you're feeling. My hubby is home each weekend but sometimes the week can stretch out forever. My boys are 6 & 8 and they seem to keep all the bickering just for me, yay {sigh}.Just when I think the cap is going to blow off the bottle they do something silly and I try to laugh instead of yell. Unfortunately getting out of the house isn't much of a reality at present.
I hope your spirits lift soon.

Carolyn

Emily said...

Your pictures are always so great! I'll keep you in my prayers and hope hubby gets home soon!!

Emily said...

Happy blogiversary, Lenae! Enjoy your not-so-silent silence, and hopefully your husband will make it home SOON!