
This book is simple, short, colorful, and lots of fun for my kiddos. Both of them enjoy pointing out the various objects and creatures they recognize on each page, but the very best part is donning the included animal masks!
This is Christian chick-lit at its finest, my friends. You've got all the contemporary references to fashion and technology and some eye-roll-inducing jokes, but overall I think Baer succeeded in presenting relatable, believable Christian faith without being preachy or wishy-washy. Unfortunately, I found the plot completely predictable and sometimes annoying. It was a good, mind-numbing read that I coasted through before bed this week.
Craving more books reviews?
Head over to This Heavenly Life, and link up while you're at it!
Craving more books reviews?
Head over to This Heavenly Life, and link up while you're at it!
3 comments:
I'm so glad to see your list this week! I'm sure my girls would love a mask-inclusive book. So much fun!
And I agree about being usually disappointed with Christian Chick-Lit. Well actually, I'm usually disappointed with most chick-lit. But even the predictable ones can fill the space needed in a soothing bedtime ritual. Have you found any books/authors in this genre that was truly good and light at the same time? I'm always in the market :)
Well-written Christian literature is rare indeed. Sigh.
A book that comes with masks is definitely a win, though! :)
Today I posted what I...well, actually, what *the Hubs* found at the library. Stop on by if you're curious! :)
I am always looking for new books for the girls, thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend!
Post a Comment