Friday, April 9, 2010

Quick Takes

1. Remember Ovejita? She's the elliptical we bought as a tax return punishment gift. Ovejita and I are, at best, lukewarm friends. I'll go several days meeting up with her with mp3 player in hand and athletic shoes tightly laced, and then several more days will float by while she collects dust downstairs wondering what happened.

In a fit of disappointment with my waffling fitness and weight-loss goals, I impetuously signed up for the Air Force Half Marathon. Yeah, I know- I should just change my blog name to Lenae Is Crazy. For what it's worth, back in the day when I actually was in the Air Force I used to run every day, and a half marathon would've simply been an extended stroll for me. Besides, Ben is signed up for the whole marathon (the 26-miler!), so I really can't complain because I'll be eating celebratory pizza pieces of fresh fruit while he chugs across the halfway point.

2. Ben? Do you know who that guy is? He's my beloved husband. I realized this week that most of the time I refer to him as 'the husband/hubby/hubster' here on the ol' blog and I don't know why that is because I love the man's name. Bennnnnnnnnjamin- it's like the Nutella crepe of names!

3. Yes, I just said the Nutella crepes of names. Can you tell I'm dieting?

4. Yesterday I took the boys to a local jump place where I noticed an adorable little boy wearing the cutest, vintage-themed Charlie Brown shirt. His mom looked friendly enough so after working up some courage, I wandered over and asked her where she got it. (She thinks Old Navy, in case you're wondering.) As we talked, I found out that she is also an Air Force wife, and that our dear husbands (I mean, her husband and Bennnnnnnnnjamin) are both Buckeyes. Unfortunately, I also learned after close to an hour of totally hitting it off with this awesome lady that they are moving across the country next week.

Why?! Still a good lesson on why taking that step out to make a friend can pay off. And now we're Facebook friends! :)

5. On that note, remember the playgroup I started last month? We had a meetup this week at a park down the road, and my second-born somehow broke onto one of the baseball fields and decided that making a run for it was a much better idea than listening to my directions and returning this instant. Don't even think about it, Eli! I WILL put you on time-out! Just imagine me running across the infield with Noah clutched in my arms, flip-flops slapping loudly, while the other mom who showed up watched me from the dugout. Embarrassing much?

6. Sorry about all the italics in this week's Quick Takes. It's Friday and I'm in a really good mood!

7. Lastly, as promised to one of my most favorite people (SARAH!), I am embedding a video explaining how to pronounce the Arabic titles of my posts from this week. WAIT! Don't hit 'play' yet.

I'm just nervous about it and don't feel ready for you to watch me in all my anxious, nerdy glory.

To those readers who know me in person: What's up, guys? More Lenae just for you!

And to the readers who haven't heard my glorious voice: Yes, I'm really that dorky all the time.


Now that the masterpiece is over,
click over to Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!

13 comments:

Emily G. said...

I would never ever have the courage to post a video of myself on my blog. You are cute and you have such a sweet-sounding voice!

Emily said...

Seriously, I am still laughing!! I loved your Arabic Lessons, we are getting more, right? RIGHT?

I have been known to chase a kiddo (or two) while threatening (I mean, encouraging ;) ) them to return to me RIGHT NOW!!

That Married Couple said...

Oh my goodness I LOVED the video! You are so cute in real life!

Good luck on your half marathon! It'll be great! (Especially since you're only going to have to train half as much as your husband!)

Happy Friday, Lenae!

Emily said...

What? First I couldn't get your blog to load and now the speakers on my computer are broken so I can't even listen. I'm NEVER going to learn Arabic this way!

Good luck training for the half marathon! (You're amazing!)

This Heavenly Life said...

Yay, Lenae! That was an AWESOME video. Seriously, I smiled the whole time and my cheeks hurt at the end. My favorite part? When you said how much cooler this was than Dora. Haaha! Truer words have never been spoken.

And I'm so glad to know those words! Ah-heb-uh-hoom. And I mean that :)

Love, your maj-noon, #1 fan.

:)

Emily said...

Lenae! I loved this! (Especially once I fixed my speakers) Thanks so much for posting a vlog...apparently vlogging IS what cool people do!

More! More!

CM said...

Your video was awesome, and I loved your titles! :)

lucythevaliant said...

You are the Nutella crepe of bloggers!
(It had to be said)

Awesome vlog that was WAY better than watching Dora, and I'm so totally impressed with anyone who can run a half-marathon. Or across a baseball field. Or... anywhere at all. Sigh. Right now I'd settle for not waddling like a duck when I try to walk to the refrigerator!

Michelle said...

Aww I miss you a lot!! I totally was thinking about how you used to be a PTL at DLI! And! I was going through some files on my old comp, and I saw some bed rosters I still had from when we were Airman Leaders! Awww!

Anonymous said...

So does this mean I can start calling you Layla again? :) It was wonderful to see you again! Half-marathon, eh? My legs are crying just thinking about it. But it sounds about right. I can still smell your perfume as you would lap me for the umpteenth time at DLI. (side note - who the heck can smell pretty while working out? it's ridiculous I tell you). Miss you! -Katie

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh how fun to see you in "person"! :) You're too cute! And you DO have such a sweet sing-songy voice!

I too like the name Bennnnnjamin, always have.

Boo about cool Buckeye wife moving away... Those Buckeyes are just always so, so cool. Ahhhh.... ;)

Have a great weekend!

beck'sthree said...

Loved it!! I know you even more now - it's almost like being friends IRL!

Seriously, a half marathon?! Ovejita and I are very impressed.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

Ok, so I had to find this post to see if you were writing in Arabic. Because it looked like Farsi and it actually all looks the same to me!

::waving:: from somewhere nearby!

(Does that sound creepy? Probably.)