Monday, April 5, 2010

لا شي

لا شي - is 'nothing' in Arabic.

I apologize for my infrequent blog posting lately. I sit down almost every night to write a post, and... Blah. I got nothin'. Well, I have a half dozen crummy drafts that aren't saying much. I'm a teensy bit worried that my little place on the Internet has run its course, but let's avoid such a depressing thought, eh?

Instead we'll say that I have summer itchiness, and rather than blog posts, my brain is chock-full of beach daydreams and the scent of sunscreen, of chubby baby legs in tiny swim trunks and gleeful shrieks when miniature feet meet frothy ocean tides.

Instead we'll focus on the handful of sewing projects I have going because, people- I am a new, DEVOUT convert to the sewing tribe. I love it. Most of my creations thus far have turned out wonky and silly (bless my husband for only laughing a little), but I -me! Lenae!- made them. Boo-yah.

Instead of beating myself up for being such a blog loser, I'll think of all that the Lord has been doing in me since I announced my (sort of) hiatus: of dwindling resentment, growing humility, increased wisdom, and forward motion. Forward motion is good.

That's all I got.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Don't put so much pressure on yourself, just post your crummy drafts! Seriously, it worries me that my blogging friends will stop blogging and then...where will our friendship be? I love to hear updates from you just because you're YOU and I like you (and your family!), not because I'm always hoping for something amazingly well written (although I know you're capable of that) or incredibly insightful (although you're capable of that too). I'm just as happy with a couple of pictures and an "Isn't he cute?" as I am with a long, well-thought-out post. Don't quit, Lenae! Show us your sewing!

Emily said...

Your forward motion made me sing a little ditty Relient K!! I am no good at links in comments but I am sure you can find them on youtube.

I agree- show us the sewing!!

Lenae said...

Sigh. I love you guys :)

I am easily won over, so sometime this week I will show you what I've been mumbling over at the sewing machine in the past month. (Does that sentence make any sense? It sounds terrible, but I'm too lazy to reword it.)

And 'forward motion' made me think of Relient K too, Emily :D I shall not resist a moment longer and go dig up that CD!

This Heavenly Life said...

Lenae, I agree with Emily so much! We just want YOU! You know I sometimes post just pictures with a few measly words surrounding them, just to keep my forward motion. See: today's post :) I'd love to see your sewing, and ogle your creations from afar. Much like I ogle your boys from afar...

Seriously, just slap anything up here so we can all peek into your life as we are so desperate to do!

Please don't stop blogging!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

I agree with everyone!! I think I'm the one stuck in backwards motion as far as blogland goes... ;) I've been dreaming of sewing lately, so please, please, please show your projects and tell me RIGHT NOW how you learned! I wasn't taught by my mama or grandma, so I'm thinking a dvd would be good, lol! :) Love ya!

Rebecca said...

yes, forward motion is good.

And remember, this is YOUR blog - do with it what you want, when you want :).

That Married Couple said...

Yay sewing! And growth in the Lord!

Dina said...

no! say it isn't so!! this corner of the world is you, so write for you! I get those days/weeks/months when I haven't got a thing I want to write. but who cares?! I'll post when I wanna, about what I wanna, because it's always been about doing/writing/telling what makes me happy! and if someone happens to take a peek in and like it, it's just a bonus. write for you, when you wanna!

beck'sthree said...

I've been so with you lately in feeling this way. Sometimes - more frequently these days - I just got nothin'. But I love this little blogger world too much to stop entirely, and YOU are one of the reasons I love it so! Glad to see (since you posted this) that you haven't given up. Don't.

And that's an order. (Since I just learned you used to be in the Air Force, it seemed appropriate.)