Now that my sweet friend, Sandy, is giving me lessons, you and I have such a better relationship than in the past. I'm sorry for all those times I yelled at you, labeled you a piece of junk, and left you in that horribly cluttered hallway closet without love or the occasional dusting. Who knew that I had the dial turned to the button-hole setting all that time? And that I had the bottom bobbin put in backwards? Knowing what I'm doing makes such a difference. And I hate when people use this term, but for you, I will utter the words: I heart you, Sewing Machine. Thanks for the assistance in making those diaper wipes today.
You are hearted as well. Using cloth has been much easier than I ever thought it would be. You're soft and fun colors and too much fun. Sorry I didn't give you a chance several years ago, but I promise we're in it for the long haul now.


6 comments:
If/when I have another baby, I'll be asking you for all kinds of help getting started with cloth. You ROCK!!
(High five, sewing machine. If Lenae hearts you, I heart you too :))
First off, I LOVE the new look of your blog! The colors are sooo cute! :)
Secondly, I wish I could learn to sew or knit or something... Maybe I could enroll in blog-lessons from you. ;)
Thirdly, you use cloth diapers!? You rock! My DH dismissed the idea with our third. He remembers too many stories from his mom doing it with him and his siblings uh, thirty+ years ago. Times and cloth-diapering have changed!! Maybe the next time...
Have a super weekend! :)
I love my cloth diapers, too. I do use paper towel wipes, though. I guess I have not 'gone all the way'. I make the wipes myself though!
I am glad you and your sewing machine are friends now. I miss my Pfaff; I never get to use him any more (I normally sew at least 1-2 hours per day) because Miss Maria creates such wreckage in the sewing room. If I sew ten minutes, I spend ten minutes refolding, restacking, resorting, putting all the garbage back into the garbage can, etc. So I am reduced to knitting and hand sewing.
I LOVE your new look!!!
I also love my sewing machine, although it's in hiding these days.
Cloth diapers and wipes. I think you are my hero! I never attempted them, but you guys make me want to try...
Now you just need to work on making those gold plated diapers!
Are cloth diapers really good? I wanted to use them with Ariel, but got intimidated. They always look so adorable, though...
Post a Comment