Friday, February 5, 2010

What Lenae does at 11-something on Friday night.

I mess with my blog layout.
I stare at my sleeping baby's toes and fight the urge to kiss him a hundred times.
I fight the urge to play the shaving cream trick on my sleeping husband.
I look in on the bigger boys to laugh at the inevitable crazy positions they've sleep-wiggled themselves into.

I brainstorm cute party ideas for the next birthday party (son #2, birthday #2, in April).
I download new fonts. They make me happy.
I sneak in a few rounds of Mario Kart on the Wii (on the Internet! Joe on the West Coast, you're going down!)

I maybe have another piece of cake (why? Why did I bake that cake?)
I make a grocery store list for Superbowl Sunday food (Did you know that Americans spend $55 million dollars on food to eat during the big game?)
I read ESPN articles so I can feign intelligence when my husband is watching SportsCenter ("Man, did you hear about USC signing a 13-year-old?")

I catch up with friends on Facebook chat.
I thank God for new windows that have already transformed our once drafty house into a comfy, cozy abode.
I write aimless blog posts.
I hit 'Publish' and drag the husband to bed.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Emily G. said...

Teehee. Some of those things sound familiar. My hubby always goes to sleep on the couch, but he gets very mad when I wake him so I am never tempted to play tricks. Getting him to bed is bad enough.

We got new windows last fall. They are so nice. I love sitting at the computer without a cold wind blowing over me!

lucythevaliant said...

You are a bad influence on me... now I REALLY want to shaving-cream my husband! Which would be a bad idea, because he is a complete beast when it comes to practical jokes. His motto is 'if you get me, I'll get you back a HUNDRED TIMES worse'... so if my next blog post features a picture of me with half my head shaved off or something, you'll know why! :)

I am deeply embroiled in trying to plan Ariel's first birthday party. Any suggestions? I have NO CLUE what I'm doing here!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm, shaving cream the husband - that could be fun on April Fool's Day...but do I really want the payback that will come?

New fonts make me happy too!

Lenae said...

Lucy- For our kids' first birthdays, we throw a barbecue. There's not really a theme... just grilled yummyness, and cake, of course! :) I'm thinking for Eli's birthday in April I'm going to do a Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs theme...

Emily said...

Sounds like a great Friday night!

BTW, I left you an award on my blog today!

This Heavenly Life said...

Forgive me for not commenting earlier! I read this the night it posted right before I crawled into bed and dreamed of Mario Kart and cake. You have that effect on me.

I find myself doing some of these same things all too often. Mainly the part about dragging a couched husband to bed after aimlesslly blogging and chatting :) But what would life be without these things, I ask you?!