Last night my hubby put together our new elliptical, which I have named Ovejita (oh-vay-hee-ta!). You're acquainted with the elliptical's namesake, right? Ovejita is Murray's little sheep friend on Sesame Street. Ovejita is fun to say and sometimes I feel like a round, fluffy sheep so the name seemed appropriate. I suppose if all goes well with the elliptical, I'll have to change its name to something like.... Lithe, Amazingly Fit Warrior Mom!In a less shallow vein, today's goals involve less TV (for the kids) and some Bible studying (for me). It's freezing outside and even when I bundle them up I feel odd about taking them to the park. But these kids need exercise. Not because they're Ojevitas too, but because they'll eventually declare anarchy and start snowboarding down the long flight of stairs to our guest room if I don't provide some form of physical activity for them.
My Wednesday night Bible class at church is working through Beth Moore's Patriarchs study. It centers around Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, my favorite men in the Old Testament. Their stories are so compelling, real, gritty, and inspiring. More than anything, though, I've just been craving my Bible. When that inclination starts simmering, I jump on it. More Him, less me.
Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
6 comments:
Hola Ovejita! Treat our Lenae right, mkay? Give her some healthy exercise without making her sore or tired. Love - Sarah
Your goals sound wonderful, Lenae :) I'm having some God-cravings right now, too. And I second you on the Patriarchs. Such a well of stories -- both for entertainment and learning.
Sidenote - Have you read The Red Tent by Anita Diamant? It's about Dinah, the daughter of Jacob. Not truly biblical, more of a historically researched adaptation of the Jacob/Leah/Rachel/Joseph stories. I loved it.
Clearly I don't have kids yet, because when you said how to sound out "Ovejita" I thought you were making a play on words from "over-heat-her." Maybe that would also be appropriate? Awesome Sesame Street rap, though!
The Patriach study looks interesting. Jump, Lenae, jump, and inspire us to as well!
Lenae, I read a non-bible study book of Beth Moore's on Paul "To Live is Christ" last Lent, and I really enjoyed it.
Would you recommend her bible study for home use? My parish doesn't have one going right now, but I'd love to do some Scripture study during Lent.
I love the little nickname you gave your eliptical. too cute!
SarahLee08- I think the Patriarchs study would be great to do at home! It's a combination workbook/video series designed to be used in groups or individually. Have fun!
Sarah- Thanks for the book recommendation! I haven't heard of The Red Tent. I love love love books based on Bible stories/characters, so I am all over that!
Elizabeth- 2 minutes into my workout last night, I was definitely oh-vay-heating. Pain ... is ... weakness ... leaving ... the .... body ;)
I'm with That Married Couple - it's clear I do not have children because I had NO idea what you were talking about, if you hadn't explained, I'd have been googling it and who knows where that would've ended up - ha!
Anyway, good luck with the exercise.
It is interesting to me how there are times when I definitely crave God's word more than others.
Post a Comment