Saturday, February 20, 2010

sleeping babies.

On Saturday, we try really, really hard to implement "family naptime". Both Ben and I are up early all week (him for work, and me with the kiddos who have declared 2010 to be the year they rise no later than 0630 every day); when Saturday rolls around, we look forward to a nice, languishing snooze directly after lunch. But it is not always meant to be.

Gabriel and Eli can't nap in the same room. Once left to their own devices, they can be heard plotting how to take advantage of the unsupervised time in their bedroom. Empty all drawers? Check. Throw everything from the top of the bunk bed? Check. Scream like banshees until they wake up their little brother? Check.

Meanwhile, Ben and I pretend to be so out of it that we can't possibly hear until one of us caves and goes to administer discipline and retrieve the woken Noah. I feed Noah, and 10 minutes later, the above picture is what's laying next to me: a sweet, pouty-faced baby sleeping calmly. If I move, he wiggles over in his sleep to get right next to me again. Nestled against Mama is the best place to be. And if you ask me, there's no better thing to stare at until the hour of doom has passed and I free the big boys from their lair.

No comments: