Monday, February 22, 2010

Please meet my daughter, Windex.

Okay, I know I said I'm on a hiatus, but I can't resist sharing this. Sometimes for fun I look at baby name lists (I'm not the only one who does this... right?) (And no, I do not have any announcements to make!) Annnnnnyhoo, on babynames.com I set the search engine for female, American names. Can I just say, the results are astounding. Really? Some of these are American? And some are just, um, interesting. I present a sampling:

Cruella
Denim
ESPN
Feather
Moon-Unit
Oxide
Saturday
Seven

I can't decide which I like more, Oxide or Seven. I guess if we ever have a daughter, we'll name her Iridium Thirty.

*P.S. Windex is not included on the list. That's just me being a goob. Ooo, 'Goob'. That's a good one...

10 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Yes, I'm quite guilty of perusing baby names, for no immediate reason. Justin's just as bad, though :)

Those names are cuh-razy! Who USES those?! I might name my next daughter Graphite and call it a day. Perhaps Wool-Blend.

CM said...

I'm going for Moon-Unit. I can't believe those were the responses!

lucythevaliant said...

Uh, ESPN? How did that happen?

I read this list to my husband, and he keeps saying that Seven is a cool name... THANKS LENAE! :)

Lenae said...

Sorry, Lucy... :D And to answer the ESPN question, my guess is the wife got to name their first two kids Cupcake and Lipstick.

Emily said...

Really?? ESPN?? not like Espn (pronounced as a word, not the letters??) That is great, I would like to meet that child and get his perspective (and his sisters, Cupcake and Lipstick)

By the way- what a nice surprise to get a post from you!!

That Married Couple said...

Hehe! But those poor children!

That Married Couple said...

Oops, I hit "publish" too fast. I have a friend from Germany and he said it's actually illegal to give your kids ridiculous names like "Strawberry" or whatever else you want to create, as that would be harmful to the children. Isn't that interesting?

Emily said...

In the back of my mind, I've been thinking about this post all day. You crack me up, Lenae!

Oh, and TMC, I've heard about laws like that before too. Wasn't there even a judge in the USA who wouldn't let some people name their little girl Tiny Stripper recently? And then, I think the parents who named their son Adolph Hitler (also in the USA) actually lost their child. People should realize, naming a child is serious business!

Michelle said...

Didn't some famous person name their child Moon-Unit? I'm gonna look real quick...Yup here it is!!

Moon Unit Zappa (born September 28, 1967) is an American actress, musician and author. She goes by the name Moon Zappa; "Unit" is her middle name.

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Hahaha! I use to look through those lists while pregnant and think, "what in the world!?!"