1. Thank you to everyone who left such nice, encouraging comments on Wednesday's post! It was a relief to air out some of my insecurities and learn that I'm not alone in them. I feel very loved by all of you out there in BlogLand! :D2. I knocked over my son's milk yesterday night as I was getting them ready for bed. Gabriel must have sensed my frustration as I silently sopped it up, because he came to stand by me and said, "Don't sweat it, Mama." Love that kid.
3. My baby makes me laugh because whenever I change his diaper, he shivers and laughs while I clean him off with wipes. This is new for me: my oldest was fairly indifferent during changings, and my second was (and still is) a terror to put into a fresh diaper. It got me wondering if wipe warmers are all they're cracked up to be. The comfort and utility provided by them is obvious, but Ben and I have always approached warmers the way elderly people tell "I walked to school in 5 feet of snow" stories: "I froze my hiney off getting my diaper changed; now you can freeze yours. It'll put hair on yer chest!" Do you use a wipe warmer? Is it cruel and unusual punishment to forgo them?
4. My pastor's wife -and good friend- used the word "kerfuffle" in conversation today. I was positively tickled! I love it when people have vocabularies spiced up with unusual offerings :)
5. On that note, I might as well get a shirt that reads "Nerd" across it because I hang out on Dictionary.com all the time. I study the word of the day and try to find clever ways to use it. I play Miss Spell's Class. ... Yeah, I'm a nerd. (NerdNae! Lenerd! I just can't resist.)
6. I had to fight the urge to buy a jumbo pack of glitter gel pens. I actually stood in the aisle of the store with the box of them in my hand, mumbling all their potential uses. "I can write letters! Refine my shopping lists! Create henna tattoos!" Because I'm an 8-year-old girl. Pass the Lisa Frank pencils, please.
7. And this, dear readers, is where my husband has been all week: Beautiful, breath-taking Monterey, California. (He's back on Saturday. Hooray!)

{More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!}
8 comments:
Yippee for your husband coming home tomorrow!! Mine leaves tomorrow for a week... Sigh.
No wipe warmer here. We bought one after Lincoln was born, and quickly returned it, lol!
Enjoy your weekend! :)
Lenerd, I love you more for being one :)
We've never had a wipe warmer, with the reasoning in the beginning that it would be a rude awakening to be out and about without warm wipes after getting used to them at home. But then...I never left the house. So really, it's just me being picky. I hate to spend the money on something so...unilateral. (Am I using the right word there?)
What a fun word! Your boys are so sweet. And I think most women have a secret love of colorful office supplies - I'm right there with you on the glitter!
Someone gave us a wipe warmer when Ariel was born, but it really hasn't been used AT ALL. I don't really see the point of them...it isn't like we store the wipes in the freezer!
I LOVED Lisa Frank so, so much. And I can't resist the lure of glittery gel pens. I actually color code my lesson plans, and use them to mark on papers, because I am clearly a GROWN UP professional teacher.
Yay for your honey coming home!!!
You totally should have bought the pens! The boys need a little glitter in their days, I'm sure!
I have never used wipe warmers, ever. It think it's probably a waste of money...but having never used one, I guess I'll never really know.
I won a set of glitter pens in a contest and I love them! Now I think, why write something down if I can't write it in glitter? Go back to the store and buy those pens!
I'm with everyone on the glitter pens. They're fun! We should all have more glitter in our lives.
Post a Comment