Monday, January 25, 2010

Lenae does math. Sort of.

Them + Me (- Daddy away for a week, doing some training) =

3 wake-ups last night (where is my fellow nighttime warrior?!)
A 5:30 wake-up-for-the-day this morning.
2 runny noses. {2010 colds, Round 2.}

1 tantrum in the Target parking lot.
1 nice woman asking me if everything was okay because I was walking laps around said parking lot trying to get the outraged toddler to quiet down.
2 dollar-bin toys to buy me some peace (no judgment, please!)

1 container of yogurt all over the van.

3 hours of a much-needed nap (thank you, Lord!)
1 Mama feeling so much happier and refreshed :)

8 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh, honey. I'm not even sure if a DYSON could fix this day. Only a nap will do under those crazy circumstances. Tomorrow has got be better! (If less blogworthy :))

Rebecca said...

= I think I'll get another dog before I have a child.

Kenz said...

I am SOO excited....!...??

Emily said...

I'm so right there with you! Chris is out of town (in the States of all places! it's infuriating!) and I'm going crazy here by myself. I wish you were closer. You could come over for dinner and we could let the kids run wild. I don't suppose you'd want to fly to Sicily for the week?

Hope things settle down and those little guys continue to sleep. Good luck!

Emily G. said...

Hope the rest of the week goes better! If it's any comfort, they sure are adorable. I love the look on Noah's face in the picture.

Udubalum mama said...

But those boys are adorable and clearly well cared for! So glad for the nap, and I'm thinking of you as I rise for my usual three-times-a-night wakings. Ugh! It's so hard to be without that helper. Hang in there!

lucythevaliant said...

Um, YIKES! I hope it gets better soon!!

Dollar zone toys at target are ALREADY my secret shopping weapon, and my baby isn't even a year old yet!

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh no, not those little cuties making such fuss and fury! I'm missing something... Whose kids did you have? ;)