Friday, December 11, 2009

Quick Takes!

1. I gifted the kids with some Teddy Grahams today. After they went down for their naps, I snuck a small handful as I was tidying up the house. So, um, Teddy Grahams are good. I contemplated how bad it would be to just eat a few more handfuls and call that lunch, but decided it wasn't a wise move. Not that anyone would know. But I would. And I can't handle Teddy Graham guilt.

2. Part of my tidying up involved putting away a few things in the kitchen. I was lost in thought about something and realized I was about to store the peanut butter in the freezer. Which made me wonder, Can you freeze peanut butter? Google gave me some mixed answers, but I did unearth one treasure: The Ultimate Guide to Freezing Peanut Butter Sandwiches. It's the Ultimate guide, which means all those other guides you've been following to freeze your pb sandwiches are total rubbish. Throw 'em out, click the link, and print your way to thawed sandwich perfection. You can thank me later.

3. My oldest son has recently been taught by his father that passing gas is being in a state of tootiness. Example: Son passes gas. Father says, "Are you tooty?" Son nods excitedly.

I don't dedicate much brain space to figuring out how to label various gross bodily functions, so I didn't think much of this development until my husband informed me that Monday while at a church service project, Gabriel leaned over to him and shared, "Daddy! I'm tooty!!!" Stay tuned for a future quick take in which I disclose this scenario played out once again, this time in the middle of a church service/the grocery store line/a crowded elevator.

4. Speaking of Son #1, I endured my first "Why?" marathon with him this morning.

"Gabriel, give that cup back to your brother."
"Why?
"Because it's his, Son. Yours is over there."
"Why?"
"Uh.. Well, you're the one who set it on top of the table."
"Why?"
"I have no idea why, of all places, that's the spot you selected."
"Why?"

1 down, 6,000 to go.

5. We're leaving next weekend to spend Christmas with family! Hooray!

It's a 12-hour car drive.

12-hour trip + 2 little boys (one of whom just learned how to use the word 'why'!) + 1 very little boy who nurses every 3 hours + a dog (we're gluttons for misery) = TOO MUCH FUN.

6. It's okay, though. We'll arrive at our destination and I'll give them baths and slip them into one of the very best parts about being a parent: Footie-pajama'd children. They're like giant, giggly, fleece-covered dolls.

7. You + More Quick Takes = Conversion Diary. :)

7 comments:

lucythevaliant said...

Frozen peanut butter sandwiches? You thaw them before you eat them, right? Unless you are REALLY hungry and just can't wait.

Lenae said...

Lucy- Yes, you thaw them :) It's just step-by-step directions on how to make and freeze sandwiches for grab-and-go situations. (Doesn't seem like a concept that would require an ultimate guide...)

Although, a frozen sandwich is an interesting concept. Put a popsicle stick in one and voila! Patent it and make some big bucks, friend. I'll totally buy them.

Emily said...

I love footie pj's!! they are truly adorable in them! (my oldest will no longer wear them, i am down to 2)

I never knew there was a such a need for an all inclusive ultimate guide to freezing pb, amazing!

This Heavenly Life said...

1. Whenever I buy Teddy Grahams, they mysteriously disappear within 24 hours. My husband has no Teddy Graham guilt. He pokes around in the grocery bags, getting mad if I 'forget' to buy them. You two could start a club. But you'd just end up fighting over the box, so maybe not.

2. Ultimate. Hee.

3. Just wait until he yells "motorcycle toots!" in a crowded place. It's cool.

4. God love ya.

5. Sounds like fun! *evil cackling* And, um, does your family have internet access? Cause that sounds like an awfully long time for me to not be able to read your blog...not that I'm selfish or anything.

6. Yes! And you just reminded me of a funny story about footy pajamas...I think I'll blog it :)

This Heavenly Life said...

Also -- on the level of 'tooty'...

My husband has recently taken a shine to asking Lauren when it appears that she's filling her diaper, if she's Quote: Backing One Out: Endquote. To which she gleefully replies: Back ih ouwt!

I can't WAIT to hear her say those words in public. Flaming cheeks, here I come.

Emily said...

So, I was going to leave a comment (a brilliant one, I'm sure) and then I read Sarah's "backing one out" comment and I totally forgot what I was going to say. I guess that's the danger of reading other people's comments first!

So yeah, um...have fun on your trip!

Chelsea said...

I actually had a Why Marathon with my husband the other day. Let me just tell you how fun THAT was!

Totally freezing PB&J's this weekend.