Monday, December 7, 2009

Grumpy Lenae: Mid-Day Update

We made a Walmart run. Then we came home, where I mentally screamed for quite a long time over the sad state of it. I usually do beautifully with my homemaking throughout the week, but on the weekends, it all goes out the window. A proverbial bomb goes off and spreads shrapnel of tiny clothing, toys, and other miscellaneous items around every single room.

I volunteered to make 60 cookies for a church thing tonight. So far I have made 0 cookies because 1) I had to at least clean the kitchen to get going on the cookies, 2) I was horrified to discover my 3-year-old eating stray sprinkles from last night's baking session OFF THE FLOOR, and 3) the adorableness pictured above needed to eat.

Can I just say... My kids are ridiculously cute. I look at them and want to run into the street, hoist them into the air, and yell, "Behold the perfection that is my child!!!!" Well, perfect on the outside, unless inner perfection involves eating sprinkles off the floor.

And now I will wade through the mess to my pristine kitchen, and trade blogging for baking.

3 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

1) That picture is making me feel the urge to lactate. He's precious.

2) I have the same problem with weekend mess. What IS that?

3) 60 is alot of cookies.

4) If I lived in your town, I'd come help with the baking. We'd send the kids off together to scale computer chairs and I'd BET they'd find some way to dress as princesses, too. It would be fun :)

Emily said...

Good luck!

Emily G. said...

I read this morning's post and was hoping your day would turn out better than you seemed to expect it would.

Noah is so cute. All your boys are. If I was their mom I would feel the same way you do. I think my daughter is pretty cute but I do think your guys are cuter, and I'm even her mother.

Good luck cooky-ing!