I'm a little blue. Nothing major... Just the stuff of life, you know?
As I sit here typing, a motorcycle went squealing down the busy road that abuts the edge of the neighborhood that we live in. I had a wave of rage flash through me and I wanted to trot out into the street and wave my fist and bellow, "Hey, don't you hotrod around these parts!!!" Because that's totally what you would envision me -a short Filipino from NorCal- angrily yelling, right?
Other irritations:
- My perpetually shedding Siberian Husky. He's a beautiful, steadfast companion, but wow- His fur is EVERYWHERE. I should be used to it by now, but the hairballs in the corners of every room are making my eyes twitch.
- Potty training woes. So, Son #1 hasn't been too enthusiastic about doing #2 on the toilet. This week, he's been on board for trying.... IF he's allowed to play a kids' game on the iPod. The exchange has been rather successful until this morning, when his frantic screaming summoned me to a most unfortunate bathroom scene. Oh, he'd pooped alright. And he also dropped my iPod into the toilet. Man.
- Non-compliant decorations. I hung a festive string of autumn-colored leaves on my porch's railing and half of it keeps coming loose and drooping in the saddest way. The label on the (industrial-strength, nope-even-Superman-couldn't-tear-this) tape is a liar, I tell you.
Already the doldrums are fading :)
6 comments:
Oh, Lenae. I'd be right beside you shooting darts of fury at that motorcycle. Kids these days. Pffft.
Hopefully, your case of doldrums will be cured soon. I would think a pooped upon Ipod would cure something like that? Sheesh. But I guess doldrums have no rhyme or reason.
I say, rip down the festive leaves and re-hang them across a doorway inside your house. With nails. Or a staple gun. There's nothing like getting out a little agression while making SURE the thing stays put. Plus, the cheery sight will be indoors where you'll be able to see it more often. YOU need cheering -- your sometimes inconsiderate motorcycle drive-by's do not.
Don't even get me started about motorcycles. Why do they have to be so LOUD? And why do gangs of them seem to materialize in front of my house at naptime? Always at naptime. I wish I were a short Filipino woman from NorCal who could yell angrily...because if that were the case I WOULD. Trust me, I would. It wouldn't matter though, they'd never be able to hear me over all that noise.
As for the IPod...yikes. I think I'm going to need to think about that one for a few days.
I hope this is a short-lived case of the doldrums...even though (I have to admit it) your case of the doldrums is awfully entertaining.
Oh, I'm so sorry that the thought of you shaking your fist and saying "...these parts..." made me giggle out loud each time I read it. I have nothing more to add to my comment, since it wouldn't even compare to the giggles that Sarah and Emily's comments got from me. I'm.just.not.that.funny.
Oh, I did forget, though... Why oh why are husbands so much sweeter via text!? Mine could have one of those sappy love movies made after him how he sweet-talks me from afar.
Oh my. That does sound like the doldrums indeed. Or maybe the humdrums. I get them confused, those drums.
The ipod in the poopy toilet? Turn that frown upside down, my friend; you just hit upon a brilliant new potty-training product: the ipoop.
Market it well, and remember me when you make your first million.
Haha Beck! You make me smile. And snort :)
Post a Comment