This is Gabriel a year ago. That's my firstborn, my lovey, my pride and joy. He ditched his pants before we started carving the pumpkins so now all our photos of his very first pumpkin-carving experience show him rocking amazing Elmo underwear. (Before we get to serious matters, I'd like to congratulate myself for not rearranging my living room in the last year; I tend to move things around every few months because it's change and it's exciting and who doesn't like tripping over things in the middle of the night because the couch configuration is suddenly different?) (Alright, I should confess that the couches may indeed be in their same spots but I just might have shifted the entertainment center a smidge. But only a smidge.)Here is my Gabriel now, a year later. A year ago he supervised us in those Elmo undies and excitedly babbled to his daddy, and our second son napped upstairs in his crib. This morning, Gabriel has another brother to snuggle with.
On Saturday my husband asked me, "Do you ever wish you could hit the rewind button and hold the other boys as newborns again for just a few minutes?" Um.... YEAH. Could another question squeeze my heart as much?
I mean, he's already graduated from Elmo to underwear with footballs and trucks on them. Anyone know where to find that rewind button?
5 comments:
I need the rewind too. I don't want to miss what's coming, but wouldn't it be perfect if we could have our babies and eat them too? Wait...
To hold the newborns again *would* be perfect.
Oh wow, double sigh is right.
I'd like a rewind and a pause button as well. And maybe a fast-forward for the pouts and tantrums.
I wish I did.
Maybe this is why every few weeks Chris and I look at each other and say, 'Let's have another baby!' Of course, then one of the girls inevitably throws a huge fit and we quickly back away. So yeah, rewind would be perfect...
If you find that rewind button, please let me know asap :)!
Sarah made me laugh... *chuckle* Anyhow, yes, I wonder how my baby girl is suddenly talking about boyfriends at 5 years old!! I need that button FAST!!! ;)
Post a Comment