Let's take a look at this picture for a moment. The main activity going on in the photo is that YOU ARE SLEEPING. Unfortunately, you only like to participate in this activity during daylight hours. If the moon is out, though, you are wide awake. As in, so awake that even in the darkness of the bedroom I can take a peek at you and your intense gaze makes me feel like you're looking into my soul. You grunt. You wave your tiny arms, and the tiny fingernails attached to the tiny hands at the end of those tiny arms scrape tiny trails on my cheeks. I like to think they're warrior wounds... You know, a streaky mess on my face that assures anyone who might be wondering that yes: I am indeed so very sleep-deprived right now.But hey, this isn't one of those whiney blog posts. You're too darn cute for that, little mister. If I have to be a zombie, I'm grateful to be one that gets to snuggle you all day. You make sweet noises. And I like to squish your cheeks. Tell you what, though: Give me a good night of sleep and I promise I'll let you eat pizza every day for a week when you're, oh... um, 15. Deal?
5 comments:
Maria has always slept like an angel-but I know I will get one like him sometime so I shouldn't be patting myself on the back. I hope you are finding time for naps with those other two running around!
You manage to make me laugh and sigh and cringe in one post :) Hope you also manage to get some rest soon! I'll make sure to remind Noah in 15 years about the pizza deal if your sleep deprived brain forgets. Then I'll be his favorite bloggy aunt :)
Do you think blogs will still exist in 15 years? Strange the directions my comments take, no?
Awww, {{HUGS}} from one sleep-deprived mama to another! ;)
I think the pizza deal is a great idea. Let me know if it works and I'll use it if I ever have another baby. Yours are so sweet, it's a temptation...
Oh, and I woke up this morning wanting lemon linguini for breakfast, which immediately made me think of you and your breakfast code. Do you think linguini works?
Hope you're getting some rest!
Emily- I definitely think linguini works, but that's because I think EVERYTHING works for breakfast. ...Well, broccoli doesn't work for me because I hate broccoli. Anyhoo, go for it!
Post a Comment