
1. Last week I went out with some friends for a girls' night. We had Thai food (only the second time in my life that I've had it), and oh my- it was so yummy I almost cried. I couldn't remember the Thai name of the dish if my life depended on it, but after some patient Googling, I was able to find a recipe that comes pretty darn close. My husband inhaled his first plate and then looked at me for the remainder of the meal like I was Gisele Bundchen. Which means he really, really liked it.
2. Today I wanted a cupcake so badly, I probably would have paid indecent amounts of money to have one delivered to me. Just wanted to alert anyone who might live nearby, is skilled at either making/procuring cupcakes, and is willing to be diligent enough to check on my daily cravings.
3. We bought our oldest boy a new VeggieTales movie to reward his progress with potty training. The film? "Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella." As far as children's movies go, this one was actually really good. Nice story, good character development... the whole enchilada. I should warn you, though, that a repeated song throughout -for obvious reasons- is "Arise and Shine." Click on the song title and get your groove on; but be prepared to be singing it for DAYS afterwards.
4. Speaking of my fabulous 3-year-old, his latest antic this week that had me scratching my head and making the mental note that I will definitely never, ever understand how a little boy's mind works: He decided to use my yoga ball to steamroll his brother. Here's the set-up- Eli is standing on one side of the room. Roll yoga ball to other side of room. Make sure Eli is still standing, preferably still because toddler coordination isn't quite reliable. Then, push yoga ball in Eli's direction and wait for collision! It's Baby Brother Bowling!Then run. Run like your life depended on it because Mom is coming, and she ain't happy.
5. As of this coming Tuesday, I will be 4 weeks away from my due date! It's coming, people! Well, actually, he's coming :) Aside from escaping the thrice-hourly bathroom breaks, I am looking forward to seeing his face, feeling those tiny fingers wrap around one of mine, and not having my older boys amusedly head-butting my stomach.
6. In anticipation of labor this time, I'm putting together a playlist on my mp3 player. I'm up to 15 songs, but was hoping to have closer to 30. Any ideas? I'm pretty wide open when it comes to music -regarding genre/style- as long as it isn't profane. And it doesn't need to be calm and soothing either; As long as it'll distract me from the glorious sensation of dilation, it works!7. So that's it! Have a great weekend, and be sure to leave any song ideas if you have them! More Quick Takes @ Conversion Diary!
5 comments:
What a sweet picture on number 5! I'm so excited to meet your new little one. And bonus if you stop getting bounced off of by little boys :)
We just got that veggietales movie this week too! I have to admit, I didn't watch too much of it. I was making dinner and most of it went by my wayside. Mia enjoyed it though, and I'm SURE I'll have another chance soon to watch...
Songs: Enya (Orinoco Flow?) comes to mind as something I listened to with Lauren. Also, Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Starlight by Muse. And I KNOW you love Anna Nalick :)
Ooo, I love that version of Over The Rainbow! I'm adding it right now :)
That is such a sweet picture of you and your boys! Wow, four weeks! How exciting!! :) I have some songs you might like on my blog playlist... All different genres too! Maybe there's something you'd like... :)
Oh, forgot to say that I'm craving Thai food now... Thanks. ;) Did you get the recipe off a site?
(got here from CD)
Good luck with your last 4 weeks!
Post a Comment