Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lenae-cation.

As some of you may know, the hubby took our littles to Ohio for a super quick visit to see the Buckeye grandparents. I've never delivered this early before, but we thought it would be best if I sat this one out. I mean, who wants to deliver a baby on the side of the road in the Carolina mountains, right? I totally did, but Ben wouldn't hear of it :D

Can I just say- I had no idea how utterly busy I've been as a stay-at-home mom these past few years. Sure, I'm not researching the cure for a rare disease, but shoot, kids keep you on your toes! I've been bored out of my mind and trying to make myself love it. "Boredom is good," I repeat to myself.

:: I cleaned the house the first day and guess what? It's STILL CLEAN! Amazing.
:: I ate ice cream.
:: I ate more ice cream.
:: My last trimester insomnia is not a problem because there isn't a 3-year-old to greet me before the sun rises. I may or may not have slept in PAST NOON today. Ridiculous, yes? But deliciously ridiculous.

I'm not a huge TV fan so I was pondering what to do other than surf the Internet and obsessively organize. So here's the cataclysmic confession of my Lenae-cation: I .... bought .... a .... Twilight book. A little history for you- I don't have anything against the books. I even watched the movie. I just decided that since I wasn't on the bandwagon already, I wasn't going to jump on late and be one of those people. I like to be a genuine, straight-from-the-get-go fan. Anyhoo, I was at the bookstore and passed the display and thought, "Hey, those are some humongous books! I could fill tons of time reading one!" So I bought the second since I didn't want to rehash what I'd seen in the movie (I know, I know... That's cheating. I'm sure I missed out on lots of Bella/Edward mushiness but leave me alone, okay?)

I read a third of it that night. Then I tried to sleep. Between my hourly potty wake-ups and some random dreams about vampires (no idea where those came from), I decided at 3 in the morning to resume reading. So.... I read my book FOR THE WEEK in approximately 14 HOURS. Der. I'm bored again. But boredom is good.

P.S. I miss my kids like crazy. I even miss them wiping their runny noses on me and their explosive poop. How many days 'til Saturday?
P.P.S. Oh, and I loved the book. Except for maybe the scary Volturi.

5 comments:

Kate @ Bliss and That said...

Oh my! A week alone!? I would get way.too.much. done!! {squeal} I know how it goes with the crazy nesting, though, so not as much for you to do as say, uh, me!!

I'm not on the Twilight team. Sometimes I think that I'm the only one... Maybe I'll watch the movie sometime, but pretty sure a book would lay on my nightstand for three years! :)

Enjoy your alone time and relax!!!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Sounds perfect!! I clean my house, eat ice cream and read on the RARE opportunity that I have a small window of time alone to myself. Isn't it funny what kind of things we consider luxuries now that we are mommies?!

Jessica said...

Now you need to go get books 3&4! And then if you have more time you can read The Host, another book by Stephenie Meyer.

Remember when you DID sleep til noon? That is crazy. Crazy awesome.

Kenz said...

Cook lasagna with lots of garlic. YOu'll be just fine.

أريد أن يمص دمك
Karsheeb

This Heavenly Life said...

LENAE! Don't you feel good for jumping on the Twilight train? Good in a giddy, teenagerish, lovestruck way? I admit to loving the books. I am not ashamed. Very much.

Also, I laughed SO HARD at 'Der.' Seriously? You're the greatest :)