
1. My "baby" brother has been here visiting from Oregon this week! In reality, he's only 21 months younger than me and we've been likethis since we were itty bitty. We've had a blast and it's been humorous observing him react to the South, having never been here (we were raised in California.) His favorite thing so far? Sonic's, baby. We've already been there twice :)2. His not-so-favorite things so far? The humidity and the bugs.
3. Last night we went to see "Night At The Museum." There's nothing like going to see a great, PG-rated family flick with your adult brother while the two of you munch on the kids' packs you picked up at the concession stand. (P.S. The movie was hilarious! We now have a refilled arsenal of one-liners to zing at each other.)
4. As I said, we're Cali kids. Being around someone from California brings out all the slang that has been in hibernation since I joined the military and been stationed in Georgia. Like, "rad." And "sick" (but not like "My dog is sick from eating that entire loaf of banana bread." More like, "That new TV show is sick!") You know, the good sick.5. My kids love their Uncle Casey, especially my oldest. As soon as he's up, he's trailing Casey around and alternating between inquiring what Casey's doing and imploring him to participate in a rousing game of blocks/choo-choo's/fill-in-appropriate-toddler-game. My bro is eating it up. I think they're going to be good friends.
6. If anything, Gabriel has found an ally in getting what he wants. While I have honed my reaction to his big, Precious Moments eyes and trembling bottom lip, my brother has absolutely no armor for it. It takes approximately 4 seconds of pouting for Gabriel to convince Casey that yes, sharing that candy bar is best for everyone.
7. The only thing better than having loads of great memories of a childhood shared with the best brother ever? Building an adulthood with just as many great memories. My brother is an amazing, fun, awesome, RAD person, and I'm proud to give his name to my next son :)

1 comment:
Those were some SICK qt's! Umm..my parents are from california, so I can halfway say that with a straight face. Sounds like you guys have had an awesome visit. My brother and I are always looking for some good one-liners. Maybe we should have a movie date too...
Post a Comment