Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happiness (1)

:: Downloading new fonts. Yay! It makes me think of how I reinvented my handwriting every two weeks when I was in the 5th grade.
:: Tucking in the sofa slip covers. One minute, shlumpy piles of sadness. Then voila! Brand new couches!
:: Thinking of things to do with my kids that they will really, seriously, freak out about in the best way possible. On the list for tomorrow: Cupcakes, baby. We're talking icing AND sprinkles. Gabriel's heart will probably explode. The hard part will be following through on part 2 of the plan and giving most of them away to the neighbors to save all our teeth and my waistline.
:: Perfectly barbecued steaks. Husband, you are a grill genius.
:: Catching my neighbor sighing over the state of our front yard. Dude, you're 70 and I know the 427 toys we have strewn EVERYWHERE stresses you out. I promise we'll clean them up soonish. Okay, sooner than soon. Hey look! Cupcakes!
:: Husband's summer freckles. He's yummy.
:: My van. I love it like it was a breathing, organic part of the family. Sliding doors, spacious seating areas... oh, I swoon.
:: Life. Life is good, even when it's bad.

1 comment:

This Heavenly Life said...

Boo :( I wish I were your neighbor! But, you're right: life IS good even when it's bad.