Friday, June 12, 2009

7 Quick Takes

1. My neighbor is up and mowing her lawn already. I still have crusties in the corners of my eyes and the kids and I are shoving down banana bread. I have this childish urge to stick my head out the window and yell, "Hey! Hey you! Enough with the motivation at the crack of dawn! Eat some oatmeal or something before you get all gung-ho on the rest of us!" Maybe I'll just go wash my face and not yell anything at anyone.

2. Speaking of just waking up, my littlest man is rocking the best cowlick I've seen in forever.

3. I try my best to make our home into a nice, cozy place. But I think it's just a black hole because we lose EVERYTHING, and it's always something that we sort of need... a lot. Yesterday I went to take pictures of the boys on the slip and slide and discovered that there is no battery in the camera. Oh, that's right: Eli found where I plugged the battery charger into the wall and stole the battery. Where it is now, I do not know. That's okay, I'll just dig the video camera out from where we left it after vacation (the luggage) and tape them! Oh wait, that's missing too. ..... Sigh.

4. Sarah at This Heavenly Life wrote a hilarious post this week about the guilt some of us moms suffer from not wanting to take our kids out in the extremely-typical-for-summer heat. I have resolved to be more proactive about getting the boys out, but please don't judge me when I confess that I ordered a new DVD to add to their collection. Hey, it's Elmo's Potty Time! It's my last, desperate attempt to convince my older boy that poop belongs in the toilet and the toilet only. If I can't do it, surely Elmo can.

5. ... And how ironic considering the resolution I just mentioned, because on our mommy date this week, I chose to take Gabriel to - wait for it - A MOVIE! We saw Up. He loved it. The last time I took him to a movie was a year ago (Kung Fu Panda) which ended up with me prying him out from between the folding seats where he was picking popcorn off the floor. It was not so much fun. This time, a much more positive experience!

6. Oh, and oldest' 3rd birthday is in a few weeks... Prepare for my typical, sentimental musing as we count down to it :)

7. I love finding new blogs of interest! My favorite one this week: The Stay-At-Home Missionary.

::: More Quick Takes @ Conversion Diary! :::

2 comments:

This Heavenly Life said...

Thank you for the link Lenae! And I just bought a Care Bears DVD for Mia this week. Sadly, it promises no educational value. But it was only $5!

And about your always losing things? Me too. If those little hands wouldn't carry my debit card into my sock drawer, I'd have a few less gray hairs, know what i mean?

So, check your sock drawer.

asinamirror said...

Your motivated neighbor probably had pre-dawn oatmeal! And "maybe I'll just go wash my face and not yell anything at anyone" - hilarious!

By the way, I love the outdoors and agree that kids should get experience lots of it, but you can't beat a matinee in the summer! It's the only time I ever remember wanting a blanket growing up in the sweltering Georgia heat!