Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my brain is still on vacation.

We got back from vacation in Ohio yesterday, but I'm afraid my brain is still there. Therefore, not much to share from the profundity department. Nothing organized, at least. For now, some randomness:
  • My husband is hooked on Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch." It's a show about crabbing boats in the Bering Sea. That might sound boring, but it's actually pretty interesting. The job of a crabber is far more intense and grueling than one might imagine. I was enraptured until I saw how the poor crabs (or is the plural just 'crab'?) are chopped up after they're delivered to the factory. It was so sad. But not sad enough to dissuade me from eating crab again.
  • In the past week, my oldest son has been speaking the most he has to date. He's whipping out vocabulary I didn't know he had, and stringing together new sentences every day. At the same time, my youngest son is walking! He teased us with a few steps about a month ago and then reverted to crawling everywhere. No more, friends. He excitedly rushes across rooms now in true Frankenstein-style, arms stretched out ahead of him for balance. These bounds in progress have given me a slight preview of what it will be like when baby #3 arrives... My boys are growing more and more independent, and as nostalgic as it is, it's also a comfort to know they are learning more about how to handle themselves. But they're still my babies, okay?
  • We saw Star Trek last week. So good! I want to see it again. And then again. Or maybe I'll just wait and buy it when it comes out on video. Remember when it took, like, 6 months for movies to come out on video? It seemed like an eternity waiting for a film you loved to show up at the rental store. Now they're available to snap up before you can finish a scrapbook page.
  • "Deadliest Catch" is about done, so I think I'm going to drag my husband down to the garage to help me organize a little since MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT in two weeks! I can't wait. And shhh, don't tell them my garage was dirty before they arrived.

No comments: