Friday, May 22, 2009

7 Quick Takes.

1. While doing yardwork a few days ago, I got stung by a wasp. First of all, I reacted like my arm had spontaneously fallen off. I literally ran around the house screaming to my husband, "Do something!!!!!" It was not pretty. And neither is the sight of my swollen left hand. It itches like crazy.

2. There's a huge black cockroach in the corner of the entryway in my house. Right now. As I type. I'm staring at it. The entry way is a high-traffic area since it's the main route from the living room to the bedrooms and the extremely-essential-for-a-prego-lady bathroom, so I'm wondering how I can avoid it for another (let's see....) 5 hours until my husband gets home from work and can do his husbandly duty and dispose of it. I'd do it myself, but the last time I tried to kill a roach, it FLEW AT MY FACE and made a horrifying buzzing sound that I'm sure was Roach-ese for, "I'm going to eat you even if you are 150 times bigger than me." I had no idea roaches could fly. So I will sit and stare. 4 hours and 58 minutes to go!

3. My parents and brother are coming to visit in a few weeks! I can't wait. I've never hosted my parents before, so I've been pondering what to cook for them. They're not picky and don't follow a peculiar diet, but I'm just... nervous. It doesn't help that my mother might as well have her own cooking show.

4. Yesterday my oldest son stole a bottle of Gatorade I left out. I startled him when I caught him and he dropped it. While its blue contents spilled all over the floor, he looked at me soberly and said, "Buckle up, Mama," and walked away.

5. Baby #3 and I had a date this week at an ultrasound. He is healthy and beautiful and at the moment, breech. But that will probably change before he's born. I can't wait to meet him! Four months to go.

6. My husband always teases me for exaggerating things, and my brother proved to me this morning that it must be a family thing. He was telling me about how he comes up with nicknames for his friends, and I asked him what he'd devised for a friend with a particularly unique name. "Oh, nothing yet," he told me. "It took me a year just to figure out what his name actually is." "A year?" I said. "Okay, like a week," he clarified. Because a year and a week are practically the same thing.

7. The cockroach is still there. Eek.

{Be sure to swign by Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!}

2 comments:

stirringthejam said...

:-)

This Heavenly Life said...

Aahahaha! Your son's buckle up comment has me rolling. And your spontaneous loss of limb. Oh, also that roach situation. Too funny. May I suggest tossing a large phonebook on top of it and hoping for the best? I guess it's either that or pee all over it when the baby kicks your bladder! Good luck!