Monday, March 23, 2009

Gabriel,

You are a trip, buddy. I know we can't have extensive conversations about politics yet, but you're still QUITE entertaining. After a year and a half of being almost completed ignored by you (except when you need mommy-cuddles or food), it warmed my heart that you decided that I was the best place to nap all last week. Without fail, every morning at 11am, you would crawl up, scrunch into my side, and pass out. I didn't even care that you sweat all over my arm and snored like a locomotive. It was the stuff memories are made of, kid.

You say a lot of memorable things, but the most recent winner involved you licking your father's newly shaved scalp. "Gabriel, that's gross," I said. "Don't do that." "Mama," you replied very seriously. "Cake!" And you returned to your task. Gross. But funny.

And even though it took me an hour to clean up the kitchen after we baked cookies, it was still a great time. You relish the simple things in life, Gabriel dear, and I wish I enjoyed cookies like I was 2 years old again. We'll work on getting the ingredients INTO the bowl the next time around.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Okay, seriously...that is the sweetest blog I have ever read!!! I love you Lenae Madison Colby Ross!!!!