Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stay away....

...Because we're all sick. That double ear infection I had a few weeks ago? I still have half of it, in my left ear. Ben had a fever last night and has headaches and body aches galore this morning. And Eli's nose won't stop running. He has no other symptoms (is it teething? The perpetual runny nose?), but it wakes him up at night and has made his poor little face red and rashy from being wiped dry so many times. Gabriel's our lone holdout of pristine health.

But enough of the pity party, right? There are lots of good things going on here in the Ross household beside pill-popping and Kleenex-consuming. Observe this picture:


That white thing next to the TV is a Wii- Ben's re-enlistment present to himself. To be honest, though, we all love it. It's easy to figure out and extremely entertaining! And that blue ball? It's Gabriel's, but Eli is obsessed with it. It's the one thing he gets VERY angry about if his brother steals it. He chases it all over the living room and squeals with excitement and sometimes he gets so worked up that he falls over. So when E's playing with the blue ball, he needs a spotter.

And look at these fabulous ladies! They're our beloved friends, Shauna and Ella Laney. I've seen Shauna twice in the past few weeks, which is momentous because it seems like even though we live 20 minutes away from all our friends, we hardly see any of them!

Speaking of friends, our church just started up a new ladies' ministry called Girlfriends. The kick-off was this week (we had a mock "cruise") and it was so much fun! Other than large events like the "cruise" every few months, we're having regular get-togethers in small groups: I joined the book group, the "food" group (rotating meals in restaurants and homes), and a walking group. I can't wait to get to know my fellow sisters better and build stronger relationships with all of them.

Lastly, a sweet picture of my Eli sleeping. He's going to be 10 months old in a few weeks! I have dozens and dozens of pictures of the boys sleeping, but I can't help it- sleeping babies/kids are adorable and the sight of mine so peaceful and innocent is an image I never want to forget.

Pray for our health so we can come out and play soon! Or, all of you are welcome to slip on biohazard suits, come hang out with us, and Wii!

1 comment:

Winn Family said...

ha ha, debit cards in the printer--and destroying not playing--it all sounds so entertaining! (oh,and I'm soooooo sorry you're all sick! LAME!) And get well soon--and I love that your church is doing all those groups--it makes a world of difference if you know and love the ladies around you huh? Anyway---you're awesome!