Wednesday, January 7, 2009

For a 9-month-old, you are quite expressive.

How did that happen? 9 months?! That means in just another few months, you'll be... 1? Um, I'm not ready for that. I wasn't with your older brother either, but you know, birthdays and time don't really care that I'm one of those moms. That's right, sonny- Your mom will be the one with the cowbell at your baseball games, the one who cries at EVERYTHING, the one who will whip out your baby pictures for every single girlfriend. In advance, I'm sorry. I didn't plan on being this way. It just happened, around the time that I started crying during commercials.

So, wow. NINE months, kid. I applaud you for your survival skills. Sometimes I've doubted whether I would make it out alive living with the crazy energy whirl that is your older brother, but you've not only survived, you've rocked it! You should be the spokesman for a baby brother support group:
Are you tired of getting stepped on constantly? Having toys
stolen?
Having your naptime interrupted by some
randomness called potty training?
Fight back! Climb on that
behemoth of tyranny and cover him in drool! Eat
his
favorite toys- he'll think twice the next time he makes
off with all of yours!
And if all else fails, fill your diaper
with poop; nothing like monopolizing Mom's time

at the changing table!

I knew it was waiting to roar out at some point, your personality. I am startled by the mischievous look on your face as you head for the stairs (no matter what you may think, you really are not allowed to climb up them). You like to make sputtering sounds with your lips at the most random times. You'll eat anything. Sometimes you stay up ALL NIGHT.

I salute you, little one. Being a firstborn, I attached a lot of youngest-child stereotypes to you from the get-go, yet you've blown most of them out of the water already. You're a teeny-tiny spitfire with all of our hearts in the palm of your teeny-tiny hand.

No comments: