Once upon a time in 2006, I had long hair.
It was nice... But it took me about an hour
-start to finish- to wash it and dry it and
blow-dry it and (finally!) straighten it.
It was nice... But it took me about an hour
-start to finish- to wash it and dry it and
blow-dry it and (finally!) straighten it.

So one day I decided to get it cut. And highlighted.
I still liked it. Until a week later, when I hated it.
I vowed, Never again will I succumb to the wooing
of the Mom-Do! I will not blame diapers and spit-up
and my complete lack of hair knowledge.
I WILL have loooooong hair, I promised.

Unfortunately, I gave in. And cut some more. It
was bad enough that photographic proof of that phase
has somehow vanished from any accessible place in my
house. I mustered every drop of patience available in
my body and it slowly, painstakingly, reached this point:

"I love your hair," my husband would say
when I appeared in the living room in the morning.
He'd even give it an appreciative fluff sometimes.
Old habits are hard to break, though.
Maybe with child #3, I will have beatenthe haircut monster.
1 comment:
Oh I think I've been through every hairstyle there is since becoming a mother! Ha! It's growing long now, but only until I get tired of it and drastically cut it all off again!
Steph
Post a Comment