Wednesday, September 10, 2008

feet/food/misc.

1. I really don't like wearing socks. Gross! I only make my boys wear them when it's a must, and then I take them off right away when we get home.
2. ... Thus, Gabriel has pretty much worn sandals 95% of the time he's got something on his feet -just like Mama- and so he has wide feet -just like Mama.
3. And now I'm remembering this weird phase I had when I was in 6th grade: I was obsessed with lacing my shoes as tight as possible before tying them. I thought I was pretty tough to be able to endure having my feet squished up like that. They'd even get pruny. Icky? Just a little.
4. I love movie popcorn. It is far better, to me, than any other kind. In fact, I'm probably convinced to go to the movies half the time if only because of the promise of their super-magical, yummy popcorn.
5. I'm not good at any sports. Not a single one. It makes me sad. My brother was a running star in high school. I convinced him to run cross country with me, and lo and behold, the boy started placing first! Meanwhile, I'd come chugging in at last place.
6. I love meatloaf sandwiches.
7. I've never been ice skating.
8. My dad is a Marine. I did not think my Air Force boot camp instructors were scary at all.
9. I can't make gravy to save my life.
10. I love the smell of coffee so much that sometimes I brew some just to stink up the house.
11. ... So of course, my favorite ice cream flavor is Mocha Almond Fudge!
12. After our wedding ceremony, my husband and I walked out of the sanctuary... and straight into a side closet. We had no idea we were supposed to stand at the door and shake people's hands. No one told us! Ben kept saying, "Lenae, I think we're supposed to be out there... doing something." But I convinced him the best course of action was to stand there in the closet, staring blankly at each other.
13. Once upon a time, we went bowling with friends. My ball got stuck in the gutter, so I decided to run down the way and get it. But the lanes are waxed, see? So I flew up into the air -like in a movie!- and fell on my fanny. Fortunately for me, I wasn't too embarrassed because I was so overwhelmed with the feeling that my hip had completely shattered when I fell on it.
14. My favorite childhood memory is boating on a lake by the Grand Tetons (Wyoming). To this day, I adore riding in boats because of that experience.
15. I miss In -N-Out burgers.
16. My nicknames growing up were Nae-Nee, Nae, Lena, Lenny, Shrimp (then Prawn when I was older), and Bad Dog. The last was bestowed on me by my brother. He still uses it, and we have no idea where he got the idea.
17. I love mowing the lawn. I'll mow yours too, if you want. Just ask.
18. I will never get a pedicure because I would never, ever subject someone to my hideous feet.
19. My brother and I mutually agree that the others' feet are the grossest feet in the whole world.
20. I sincerely enjoy watching The Backyardigans and Curious George. ... So much so that I've caught myself jumping up in dismay when my 2-year-old randomly turns off the TV in the middle of one of them.

No comments: