Unfortunately, my 2-year-old has declared a strike on naptime. He's a glorious child, full of laughter and smiles and other humorous facial expressions, but when the clock strikes 1 pm, alarms -or bells, rather... bells of relief- start ringing in my ears. Naptime = A hallowed chunk of time for Mommy to recharge for Round 2 of Gabriel-induced Pandemonium. But alas, as I shared in the first sentence, he'll have none of it. As I type this, I can hear him jumping gleefully on his bed, yelling at who-knows-what.me & Eli's Vogue cover
I've been tracking my nutritional/fitness/weight-loss goals at SparkPeople. This afternoon, as I logged what I had consumed today, I came to a sad realization... I really must get rid of this caffeine addiction. I have no idea why I love soda so much. I didn't grow up in a house where it was stocked regularly. I hit 16, acquired a driver's license and a job, and decided that yes, caffeinated, carbonated beverages were definitely the best items to blow my paychecks on. But seriously- I'm addicted. If I go a day without drinking a soda, I congratulate myself like I've accomplished something grand. Other than the embarrassing fact that I'm carrying on a love affair with Dr. Pepper, it's also laden with calories. My calorie total today was looking so good until I added in the huge Coke I felt I "deserved" at the mall (Arrived safely with two little kids in tow? Buy yourself a drink!) Oh yes, Dr. Pepper, I love you, but not enough to let you steal huge portions of precious, daily calories.
I've been tracking my nutritional/fitness/weight-loss goals at SparkPeople. This afternoon, as I logged what I had consumed today, I came to a sad realization... I really must get rid of this caffeine addiction. I have no idea why I love soda so much. I didn't grow up in a house where it was stocked regularly. I hit 16, acquired a driver's license and a job, and decided that yes, caffeinated, carbonated beverages were definitely the best items to blow my paychecks on. But seriously- I'm addicted. If I go a day without drinking a soda, I congratulate myself like I've accomplished something grand. Other than the embarrassing fact that I'm carrying on a love affair with Dr. Pepper, it's also laden with calories. My calorie total today was looking so good until I added in the huge Coke I felt I "deserved" at the mall (Arrived safely with two little kids in tow? Buy yourself a drink!) Oh yes, Dr. Pepper, I love you, but not enough to let you steal huge portions of precious, daily calories.
1 comment:
Hey!
Go for it :)
We drink green smoothies every day after the kids get up from naps. All 3 of my kids down theirs almost every single day, and my husband and I love ours, too. I am a water drinker, but my husband is now a water / smoothie drinker after being a coke addict his whole life! So there is hope! :)
You need to blend it up for a long time in a regular blender to get the spinach blended (and any frozen berries like blue/black berries, for that matter). If you are up for becoming a smoothie-addict, you may want to save up for a Vita-mix. I got one in March and have literally used it 1-2 times every day since!!! :) I love it! It blends everything so smoothly! :)
Anyway, good for you. Smoothies rock!
Post a Comment